Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Food, Lodging, Parking, and Transportation
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2011, 12:46 PM   #21
daxs

I would go on sites like tripadvisor where you can post reviews of the hotel and give your story
daxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:33 PM   #22
ADK_Dreamer

I did initially:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Revi..._New_York.html

Other people have been unhappy with front desk people, and one of them even mentioned this 'Olga' by name.
ADK_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:58 PM   #23
ADK_Dreamer

Well... yippee yah yea... Best Western has given me back my 28,000 points... but it has been awarded from them, not the Adirondack Inn.

The new story from the Adirondack Inn is that they remember a lady calling about road conditions and asking about cancellation policy (that would be me), but they say I never identified myself and never cancelled.

Good riddance. Miserable people.

You have been warned... not the place to stay in LP.

Recommendations for future stays welcome. Next year I'll start a new thread!
Old 09-29-2011, 04:06 PM   #24
8thday
**BANNED**

Thanks for the tip. I will NEVER stay there! And I know what you mean about business owners who lack manners. I'll never step foot in his place again either. I'm telling everyone I know to steer clear of this dive also that you speak of!
8thday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:18 AM   #25
TBPDPTI

Thank you very kindly for sharing this story and result with us. I can assure you that it will be taken into account if we ever find ourselves staying in LP again. I will be certain to steer clear of them. Also, I'd recommend sending this thread to this 'Olga' lady, despite having your situation resolved by the corporate office. That she is aware of what her actions have caused, and that it has cost her business should be pointed out to her.

The other 56: Summer: 55/56 (1st); 12/56 (2nd); 4/56 (3rd); 3/56 (4th) Winter: 13/56 (1st); 3/56 (2nd); 1/56 (3rd); 4th (0/56)
TBPDPTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #26
ADK_Dreamer

Hmmm....I have thought about doing this... but you know I am actually somewhat scared of what this woman might do! She has my credit card number. They took 28,0000 points from my Best Western Account for one night stay. Even Best Western corporate office expressed disappointment that she changed her 'criteria' for rebating me, and so therefore they did so themselves.

This woman could potentially charge my credit card for the second night that she claims I did not 'show', and then I would be in for a big headache of emails and chargebacks with my credit card company. I think I would win in that Best Western gave me the points, but is it worth it?

I think I will take comfort alone that I have warned forum members that there is no flexibility whatsoever for cancellations at this establishment (despite being a loyal annual customer) and leave it at that!

It seems that they have a pretty constant customer base being opposite the Olympic arena (hockey tournaments and ice skating) and also being so close to the lake and high school grounds for the Ironman and BBQ grill masters events. I'm guessing they don't give a darn about the little hikers and get automatic business from other events.

Now... if I operated my business this way, it definitely would be deterimental... but who knows... maybe a big recession will hit and they will figure it out (or not!)
Old 10-02-2011, 07:50 AM   #27
Limekiln

Olga's boss needs to see this thread.... If I were you I'd email the link to the hotel manager.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:50 AM   #28
wiiawiwb

I'll never go there.
wiiawiwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:26 AM   #29
Alpine1

Olga may have been following orders from a higher up?

Quote:
Olga's boss needs to see this thread.... If I were you I'd email the link to the hotel manager.
Alpine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #30
ADK_Dreamer

Best Western's are franchaises. Independently owned and operated. There is no 'higher' boss that I am aware of. Corporate office tells me the manager was a woman named Kim. This the the woman whom I spoke with when I cancelled. It was Olga who told me I needed to provide long distance records to prove I called. After I sent them in, apparently Kim recalled my phone call... but it was all Olga telling this to head office, not Kim. They told me they were confused by the fact that Olga seemed to be calling the shots and shooting the orders. They said Olga seemed to be some sort of assistant manager, but were not 100% sure of her position. Perhaps Kim is stressed out these days and can't cope (I would be too if I worked with this woman!)

It's up to Best Western corporate office to call off their relationship with this establishment.

FYI, Adirondack Inn are fully aware of all the compalints on Trip Advisor, and simply refuse to comment on them (other hotel managers often comment when a customer leaves a poor review).

Life is short and there are too many other fine places to stay... a lean to comes to mind
Old 05-11-2012, 10:16 PM   #31
ADK_Dreamer

LOL people. I just got a promotional email from the Best Western Adirondack Inn!!

I emailed them back and told them they had a lot of nerve to send us anything and asked them to unsubscribe our email address.

I also took the time to tell them Best Western Corporate offices felt sorry for us and our ordeal with them and refunded us our points.

Some people just don't get it, and this establishment gives LP a bad reputation!
Old 05-12-2012, 11:46 PM   #32
TBPDPTI

This was a fun thread revival. I remember when you posted this last year. Did you ever end up sending this thread to them?

The other 56: Summer: 55/56 (1st); 12/56 (2nd); 4/56 (3rd); 3/56 (4th) Winter: 13/56 (1st); 3/56 (2nd); 1/56 (3rd); 4th (0/56)
TBPDPTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:47 AM   #33
DaveO

The BW in SL is terrific

Just a note to make sure no one gets mixed up. The complaint here is about the Best Western in Lake Placid, and NOT about the one in Saranac Lake. I have stayed at the Best Western Mountain Lake Inn in Saranac Lake multiple nights each year for over ten years. I have always been more than pleased. I have canceleld room reservations there, three or four times over the years, and never had even a whiff of a problem. In fact, the ability to cancel is what lead me there in the first place. The staff are great and the rates a value. Even if my goal is some distance away, like the Bog River, Lila or LTL, I go out of my way to stay there the night before. I have absolutley no affiliation other than strictly as a customer.

Last edited by DaveO; 05-16-2012 at 09:36 AM..
DaveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #34
ADK_Dreamer

ABSOLUTELY not the Best Western Mountain Lake Inn. We too have stayed at this one many times for many years. The guy at the front desk (think his name is Bill) is a riot. Has great hiking stories about Allen, etc. and yes, they always cancel, give confirmation numbers, etc.

Since I got my points back from Best Western Corporate, I did not bother to send this thread to Best Western Adirondack Inn in Lake Placid.

Sending them the thread just seems like dragging the whole thing on and on.