Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Paddling in the Adirondacks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
Skinney
Natives

Question Trout Brook Canoe-ability in Olmsteadville?

Hey everyone, I was able to get up to Minerva Stream last weekend for a paddle and enjoyed it thoroughly. We had to port around one beaver damn and over 2 others before it was time to turn around and complete the same trek back. I will be going back to finish the trek that we wanted to fully complete in the future.

Anyway, my question is this: Upon viewing the topos I was wondering the canoe-ability of Trout Brook that connects with Minerva Stream on the Minerva/Olmsteadville town line? Based on the topos it looks like a possibility that you may be able to canoe a good portion of it? If anyone can provide me some insight it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance fellow forum members!
Old 10-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #2
adk hitch hiker

This time of year it is way to low. In the spring it would be a nice ride but it is eventually cut off by the natural stone bridge and caves. You would have to portage a small section.
adk hitch hiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
Skinney
Natives

Can you put in at Hoffman Road and canoe to Olmsteadville?