Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Trip Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2009, 05:38 PM   #1
Kyler
Admin

Indian Head and Fish Hawk Cliffs 9/25

I arrived at the AMR parking lot at about 1:30PM. There was only one open parking space, which surprised me since it was a weekday. Of course these were only the normal parking spots, not the creative parking that you might see on the weekends. I grabbed my pack and was headed down the road at 1:40. The temps were cool, but the sun was out. This was my 3rd walk down the Lake Road in seven weeks, but it passed by quick enough without being too boring.

After passing only one group on the road, I got to the Indian Head trail (closest to the lake) after about an hour. I passed a few people on the trail, and got to Indian head after another 20 minutes. There was a couple there who were making out and discussing that someone else must have had the wine, since it wasn't in their pack. This is the second time that I've been to Indian Head this summer, and both times there have been people making out. After a little while the people that I passed on the trial showed up and were part of the group with the people already on the summit. I had been there for 10 or 15 minutes, which was more than enough with these people, so I took off and headed to Fish Hawk Cliffs.

Once at Fish Hawk Cliffs, I took a few pictures. Unfortunately, I could still hear the people on Indian Head. This kept me moving, so I took off once again, headed down to Gill Brook and made my way to the Lake Road.

When I got to the golf course, two awesome dogs (a black lab and a white retriever) came running out of one of the houses to greet me – too bad I couldn’t keep them. I stopped for a minute to take some pictures of Giant, and then was back at the parking lot at 5:00PM.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:02 PM   #2
ADK_Dreamer

Hubby and I went to this spot this past July (ummm... we didn't make out... so guess you didn't see us last time).

There were a lot of day hikers from the "club" at the summit. It seems to be a very popular day jaunt for those who want a great view without the endurance of a full summit.

One day I must book off time to do some late September hikes. Colors are lovely in your photos.
ADK_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
Bucknut
46er #7721

Tyler,

Thanks for the incredible pics. It was good that you started out in the afternoon on Friday since it was a very low ceiling in the am. I was on Giant's summit around 12:30 and couldn't see a thing. I then did RPR and an hour later the views were great.
Bucknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:00 PM   #4
looncry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK_Dreamer View Post
Hubby and I went to this spot this past July (ummm... we didn't make out... so guess you didn't see us last time).

There were a lot of day hikers from the "club" at the summit. It seems to be a very popular day jaunt for those who want a great view without the endurance of a full summit.

One day I must book off time to do some late September hikes. Colors are lovely in your photos.
ADK Dreamer-let me know when this can happen! Hiking up a summit in September would be ps Vermont is nice and my writers workshop continues through Thursday. Looncry
Old 09-29-2009, 07:18 PM   #5
Kyler
Admin

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2009, 10:32 AM   #6
adktyler
previously adk88

Awesome, man, just pure awesome!!

Tags
ausable club, indian head