Thank You to all Veterans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You to all Veterans

Anyone care to list themselves as US Veterans including the Era and Branch in which they served?
    Last edited by Schultzz; 11-12-2015, 07:16 AM.
    Never Argue With An Idiot. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Schultzz - Vietnam Era - Army

I wish to thank all veterans for their service and all families of veterans.
    Last edited by Schultzz; 11-12-2015, 07:14 AM.
    Never Argue With An Idiot. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Comment

Vietnam vet.
      Ahh............Wilderness.......

Comment

US Army, 1996 - 2003

Comment

Vietnam era U.S. Air Force Guam

....... with the good Lord willin' and the creeks don't rise.......

Comment

Not a Vet, but thank you all for your service.

Comment

I got in at the tail end of Vietnam. Nine years active duty as a flight navigator/instructor/evaluator flying in the USAF Strategic Air Command (hence my continuing passion today for promoting and teaching "traditional" land navigation techniques). Continued with a combined 22 years in USAF Reserves as a research laboratory engineer.
              "Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -Walt Whitman

Comment

Current 22 years Active US Army. Preparing to retire next year if all goes well. Thanks to all you guys before me that cut the trail.

Comment

God Bless all our Vets and current military personnel.

Comment

I won the Cold War with my Nuclear Powered Submarine, 1976 - 80, and made almost no contribution to CO2, (at sea 76% and had duty in port almost ever other day/night), no time to drive a car or heat my house.

Comment

USAF - Technical Sergeant (retired) did my 20 years and 8 days... 1981 - 2001

Launch Crew member, Titan II Missile Systems 1981 - 1986
                      Airborne Surveillance Technician (E-3 AWACS) 1987 - 2001

God bless our Great Country!

Comment

Originally posted by makevx73 View Post
                        USAF - Technical Sergeant (retired) did my 20 years and 8 days... 1981 - 2001

Launch Crew member, Titan II Missile Systems 1981 - 1986
                        Airborne Surveillance Technician (E-3 AWACS) 1987 - 2001

God bless our Great Country!
                        Good to see another Conehead amongst us.

MM-III Launch Crew 1988-1992, plus 17 years of some other fun stuff.

I knew several former Titan guys who cross-trained to Minuteman. Good times.
                        Tick Magnet

Comment

Originally posted by Tick Magnet View Post
                          Good to see another Conehead amongst us.

MM-III Launch Crew 1988-1992, plus 17 years of some other fun stuff.

I knew several former Titan guys who cross-trained to Minuteman. Good times.
                          Ahhh! Another "SAC Trained Killer"!!

I got lucky and didn't get moved to MM, as many folks did when they phased out Titans. I thought I'd had enough of "24 hr. alerts'... But ended up doing many nights in Alert Facility's while flying on AWACS.

Overall, I loved doing silo time.

Comment

Originally posted by makevx73 View Post
                            Ahhh! Another "SAC Trained Killer"!!

I thought I'd had enough of "24 hr. alerts'... But ended up doing many nights in Alert Facility's while flying on AWACS.

Overall, I loved doing silo time.
                            You underground guys complaining about 24 hour alerts.... try 7 continuous days on alert every third week, with frequent fill-ins for someone who goes DNIF, in between training and mission flights during your two "off weeks". Moving to StanEval got me out of some of that, since the StanEval crews were scheduled less frequent alert, but with more odd-hour flying and tons of paperwork.

We also had frequent 30+ day task force TDYs, but thankfully nothing like the extended deployments of today.
                            "Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -Walt Whitman

Comment

USAF '70-'74, 9 days TDY in Vietnam, which was more than enough. Andrews AFB with the 509'th bomb wing in SAC, the symbol for the 509'th was a mushroom cloud and a pair of wings. Then a year at Cold Bay Alaska with an Aircraft Control and Warning System, and finished up with Headquarters Command at Andrews AFB outside Washington DC.

My son still likes to say his dad was a "scope dope".

John M
                              Because It's There, and it may not be tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                              X