Thank You to all Veterans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vietnam era Air force TAC security police
    " I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots". Albert Einstein....

Comment

Army 1970-1979, active duty 74-79, Armor, Vietnam Era

Comment

US Army and New York Army National Guard, 1986-2012. Armor, Field Artillery and Recruiting.
        "I don’t like being outdoors, Smithers. For one thing, there’s too many fat children." -- C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

U.S. Army 101st Airborn Div 1970-72 Viet Nam

Comment

Originally posted by Schultzz View Post
            Schultzz - Vietnam Era - Army

Originally posted by mike7575 View Post
            U.S. Army 101st Airborn Div 1970-72 Viet Nam
            "Screaming Eagles" Fort Benning, GA (Lots of memories)

I wish to thank all veterans for their service and all families of veterans.
            Good to know that veterans are still checking in. I think I speak for all members when I say thank you all for your service and certainly we thank those of our brothers and sisters who made the ultimate sacrifice and weren't as fortunate as the rest of us. As we prepare for Memorial Day let us never forget our veterans and those who served in other ways. When I play the military songs during a performance I always mention the Merchant Marines and their song "Heave Ho", for many of them died at sea while transporting supplies for our troops during WWII. Also those who stayed at home and kept the country going while we were overseas we thank too. Some sacrifices are too important to forget. As Irving Berlin wrote "God Bless America our Home Sweet Home"
            Never Argue With An Idiot. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Comment

Happy Veterans Day

Thank you for your service.
              Never Argue With An Idiot. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Comment

USAF '66 - '70 3 yrs at Plattsburgh AFB (yea Daks!) then off to Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by EastOfMidnight View Post
                  USAF '66 - '70 3 yrs at Plattsburgh AFB (yea Daks!) then off to Asia.
                  A grateful nation thanks you for your service and sacrifice.

Comment

U.S. Coast Guard 89-93
                    Red means run son, numbers add up to nothing.....

Comment

SEMPER PARATUS (ALWAYS READY)
                      (Words and Music by Captain Francis Saltus Van Boskerck, USCG - 1927)

Current Version

Verse

From North and South and East and West,
                      The Coast Guard's in the fight.
                      Destroying subs and landing troops,
                      The Axis feels our might.
                      For we're the first invaders,
                      On every fighting field.
                      Afloat, ashore, on men and Spars,
                      You'll find the Coast Guard shield.

Chorus

We're always ready for the call,
                      We place our trust in Thee.
                      Through howling gale and shot and shell,
                      To win our victory.
                      "Semper Paratus" is our guide,
                      Our pledge, our motto, too.
                      We're "Always Ready," do or die!
                      Aye! Coast Guard, we fight for you.

Thank you for your service Chaser.

Comment

Thanks Shultz, and thank you for your service too. I appreciate the effort for the lyrics. I still hear in my sleep MK1 Dodgen, my company commander in boot camp yelling "Semper Paratus your mother forgot us" and rattling off 6 or 7 thousands push ups.
                        Red means run son, numbers add up to nothing.....

Comment

Originally posted by chaser View Post
                          Thanks Shultz, and thank you for your service too. I appreciate the effort for the lyrics. I still hear in my sleep MK1 Dodgen, my company commander in boot camp yelling "Semper Paratus your mother forgot us" and rattling off 6 or 7 thousands push ups.
                          !0-4 on the push ups. I went through basic at Ft. Benning, GA at Sand Hill. I never did so many push ups in my life. Sand Hill was no treat back in 1966.

Comment

Working...
                          X