Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > General Adirondack Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2020, 05:07 PM   #21
webby459

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuctTape View Post
You never know, you could discover some dude thatíll fall on his face in the snow like 6x on the same trip.
webby459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 06:01 PM   #22
DuctTape
Out of Shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby459 View Post
You never know, you could discover some dude thatíll fall on his face in the snow like 6x on the same trip.
Was it 6x? Hope you are doing well. I messaged Dan the other day. He's been out turkey hunting and fishing; go figure.

My trail journal: DuctTape's Journal
DuctTape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 02:11 PM   #23
forest dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wldrns View Post
I remember a few years ago (or less), there was a guy constantly in the forum desperately begging for some unsuspecting schmuck to become a camping companion because he wouldn't or didn't want to go solo. It went on and on. Until he was banned and then came back with a changed name.
And that's why I'm not begging or taking personal offense to anyone that doesn't want to take a chance on me or has a wise crack for me...I've found cool people before I'll find cool people again. You don't have to be one of them, I'm cool with that.
forest dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 03:32 PM   #24
forest dweller

Duct Tape! (Russ, right?) You and I had planned on doing something but our time off never lined up right. You're a teacher in Rochester right? My wife is a teacher now otherwise I would be sweet talking her into getting out with me next week! Shes gotta teach online.. Oh well, at least she and I will get our second annual Banff trip in this summer if things normalize!
Old 05-10-2020, 04:17 PM   #25
DuctTape
Out of Shape

Enjoy Banff. Looks amazing out there.

My trail journal: DuctTape's Journal
DuctTape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 07:23 PM   #26
forest dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby459 View Post
So, hysterical story...might be a "had to be there story" but I'll give it a shot. As you guys know, one of the perks of canoe camping is bringing luxury items like gourmet foods...one time I went camping with adkfun...I forget if we were buzzed by one substance or another...but we were grilling steaks over the campfire coals. Anyhow, poor guy in his semi buzzed state dropped his beautifully marinated raw steak on the dirt before getting it to the grill...felt so bad for him...he scraped off all the dirt and then proceeded to do his steak on the grill...flipping it over to get it nice and perfect. Finally it was done and he just needed to get it to his plate to eat. Poor guy managed to drop it in the dirt again! I could not help busting out laughing but I simultaneously felt sorry for him! He scraped all the dirt off as best he could and enjoyed it anyway...washed down with another beer or something else to take the pain away!
Old 05-11-2020, 11:20 AM   #27
mike7575

Been there, done that. Complete with somersault.
mike7575 is offline   Reply With Quote