Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > Outdoors Related Discussion > Other Places
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2003, 02:30 PM   #1
altec
Young Buck

Still new to the NE

Hey guys, I am still new to the NorthEast area, and I am curious about where exacly the Green Mountain Trails are. I lived in North Carolina my entire life, so I am more accustomed to the Smoky Mountains, and the Blue Ridge, but I am interested in hitting the trails a bit more in this area......

Thanks for any tips....
altec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 02:55 PM   #2
Kevin
**BANNED**

Vermont, a lot of them around Rutland/manchester if memory serves me... but haven't looked at a good Vermont topo in many months, they probably stretch further north, but I haven't ventured that far yet.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 02:59 PM   #3
altec
Young Buck

Thats cool, do you have any suggestions for anything near the PA - NY border? Is there anything? I hope to be able to get out on the Adirondacks when I get a car, and am somewhat self-mobile, but for now that just isnt an option.
altec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 01:27 AM   #4
Kevin
**BANNED**

There's some intersting stuff down there.

Had a supernatural / ghost experience during the daytime at some abandoned mosleum on a hill south of Binghamton years ago, that's a creepy place (see photo below). Outside of that I was too into drugs and living in my cave in Johnson City to bother with the area's rustic charms.

But isn't this supposed to be about vermont? lol
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 09:54 AM   #5
AlpineSummit
Walk Softly

Look closely at any road map. The Long Trail runs along the spine of the Green Mts. - all the way from Mass to Quebec.