Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2021, 01:04 PM   #1
bosco

Hamilton County Stream locations

I'm looking for a couple streams in Hamilton county. PM me and I will tell you the names if you would like to help. I have looked at the maps and just can't find them. I don't like putting stream names on when I can help it. I found the names in a old book.

Thanks,

Bosco

Last edited by bosco; 04-30-2021 at 02:23 PM..
bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 08:45 PM   #2
EagleCrag

There is a set of Fishing Map Guides put out by Sportsman's Connection (www.sportsmansconnection.com). NY state is broken up into sections (separate publications)and focuses primarily on lakes and ponds, but their section maps show streams in the region as well as what streams are stocked. Franklin County can be found in their "Northeastern Adirondacks New York Fishing Map Guide, ISBN 1-885010-65-6. The stocking information on my copy is a bit dated and I don't know how often they update the series. These books are often found in Wal-Mart and sporting goods stores. Good luck
EagleCrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 01:34 PM   #3
Fly Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco View Post
I'm looking for a couple streams in Hamilton county. PM me and I will tell you the names if you would like to help. I have looked at the maps and just can't find them. I don't like putting stream names on when I can help it. I found the names in a old book.

Thanks,

Bosco
You can try looking at some older topo maps. There are some online that go back to 1900 or so. Also, those names might not be accurate because people were protecting their hotspots in the old days too!
Fly Rodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 02:04 PM   #4
EagleCrag

Here's a link to maps that provide extremely detailed maps of rivers, creeks, brooks, etc.
https://streamsmaps.myshopify.com/
EagleCrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 10:39 PM   #5
Stillhunter

Take a look at the topo map on the DECinfo Locator. Covers all of NYS and if you go to the info layers on the top left side and select "water-related activities" you can turn on color codes for all trout streams from stocked to wild-premier waters. I am impressed with the stream detail in the areas I am familiar with... Play around with it a bit and it will be easier to navigate.

https://gisservices.dec.ny.gov/gis/dil/
Stillhunter is offline   Reply With Quote