UPRIVER - A Watershed Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPRIVER - A Watershed Film

Years ago I was fortunate to have met and hire the founders of this organization for an underwater photography workshop. Have a look at Freshwaters Illustrated and this full feature film.

"Happy World Water Weekend! We're celebrating by making our feature film UPRIVER available for free online viewing until April 15! Watch, share, and remember: WE ALL LIVE UPRIVER!

Join the web’s most supportive community of creators and get high-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos in gorgeous HD with no ads.
    My YouTube channel

Haven't watched the whole of it yet, but what I have is excellent!
    “Death is the only wise advisor that we have. Whenever you feel, as you always do, that everything is going wrong and you're about to be annihilated, turn to your death and ask if that is so. Your death will tell you, 'I haven't touched you yet.” Carlos Castenada

Comment

Over the Memorial Day holiday I picked up a local topics magazine at the I-81 Pennsylvania Welcome Center in Great Bend, PA. Coincidently the Susquehanna River runs through Great Bend. In the magazine was an article on an initiative to support the Chesapeake Bay clean-up by planting trees to stabilize the Susquehanna watershed.

As it seemed so similar to the initiative in Oregon, I decided to post a link to the on-line version of the article.

And a link to the PA organization

I took some time to see what NY State is doing but so far I haven't found an Executive Summary with action steps. There are documents at the DEC website that are huge and filled with too much detail to digest quickly.
      Link to DEC web page
      New York's portion of the Chesapeake Bay watershed is made up of the Susquehanna River watershed and Chemung River watershed. Together these two watersheds form the northern headwaters of the Chesapeake Bay and cover much of New York's Southern Tier.

Don
      Last edited by Hear the Footsteps; 05-28-2019, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X