Wolves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolves

Watch the newly released remastered version (in HD) ⟹ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W88Sact1kwsWhen wolves were reintroduced to Yellowstone National Park ...

Check this out!
    Never Argue With An Idiot. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Fascinating stuff. I was fortunate enough to see a few of those wolves near Soda Butte Creek a few years ago. Nice to hear of a success story now and then.
    “Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. They smelled of moss in your hand. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.”
    ― Cormac McCarthy

Comment

Great video and a very unique approach....thanks for sharing that

Comment

Fantastic! Nice find, Shultzz!
        Oscar Wilde:Work is the curse of the drinking class

Comment

Giving nature a nudge (back towards the direction) where it was? Everything affects everything else and often in ways unforseen. And sometimes even in ways that seem to be good.

Minor quibble: I believe the narrator referred to deer when the camera showed an elk.
          The best, the most successful adventurer, is the one having the most fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post

Minor quibble: I believe the narrator referred to deer when the camera showed an elk.
            I assume the narrator was referring to the deer family of mammals. http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/mammals/deer/

Comment

Originally posted by aft paddle View Post
              I assume the narrator was referring to the deer family of mammals. http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/mammals/deer/
              Ah yes, that would make sense.
              The best, the most successful adventurer, is the one having the most fun.

Comment

Google is our friend- albeit a bit Orwellian at times. I saw the same conversation about "ELK" vs. Deer in the comments below the video. People get caught up in such minutia and fail to grasp the meaning of things, try to use it to discredit the whole thing.

Confucius had a great saying.

"When the wise man points at the moon, the imbecile contemplates the finger."

As all here know.. the point of the story, with images overlapping and illustrating the words, is about ALL types of species that eat the vegetation along the banks, not moving and thus overeating because they are not "pushed" to higher ground.

Elk is less descriptive itself, being an old world word "adapted" to Wapiti when Europeans named them that for lack of reference to species they were seeing for the first time. Like the vernacular of "Partridge" for Ruffled Grouse!" ( One I was guilty for most of my life!)

From a moment searching on google i read the following:
                Elk
                The elk or wapiti is one of the largest species within the Cervidae or deer family in the world, and one of the largest land mammals in North America and eastern Asia. This animal should not be confused with the larger moose, to which the name "elk" applies in the British Isles and Eurasia. Apart from the moose, the only other member of the deer family to rival the elk in size is the south Asian sambar.

en.wikipedia.org

Weight: 496 - 531 lb on average (Female) · 705 - 730 lb on average (Mature, Male)
                Scientific name: Cervus canadensis
                Gestation period: 240 - 262 days
                Lifespan: 10 - 13 years on average (In wild)
                Height: 4.3 ft on average (Female) · 4.9 ft on average (Mature, Male)
                Length: 8 ft on average (Mature, Male)

Deer (singular and plural) are the ruminant mammals forming the family Cervidae. Species in the family include the white-tailed deer, mule deer (such as the black-tailed deer), elk, moose, red deer, reindeer (caribou), fallow deer, roe deer, pudú and chital. Male deer of all species (except the Chinese water deer) and female reindeer grow and shed new antlers each year.
                Last edited by RichieC; 09-24-2015, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X