Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hiking in the Adirondacks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2016, 12:29 PM   #1
Bether707

Multiple Peaks

I have heard of groups doing all 46 peaks in 3, 4 or 5 weeks, some even shorter time frames. Are there guides that will lead 1 or 2 hikers on a multiple peak adventure? (10, 20, more? including Marcy) or are there good maps that show hiking from peak to peak in a timely fashion?
We are looking to hike in the fall... October for a couple of weeks...
My partner and I are in good shape... he's hiked Kili, Denali, etc; I've hiked a few of the 46 peaks already..
Any leads/suggestions are appreciated

Thanks

I also hope to have the kayaks on the car stationed somewhere to add a relaxing day or two on the water
Bether707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 03:04 PM   #2
jkauff73

You may want to duplicate this post on the sister forum (http://www.adkhighpeaks.com/forums). There have been several members who have grouped peaks together in order to complete the 46 in as few a trips as possible.

In fact, one member (I believe JoeCedar) had a post that grouped them in 10 day trips. I think I have a copy at home. PM me and I will send it to you if I can find it.
jkauff73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 05:07 PM   #3
rdl

Quote:
are there good maps that show hiking from peak to peak in a timely fashion
Take a look at the ADK website: http://www.adk.org/category.php?pnam...uidebooks-maps. The same guidebooks and maps can be purchased via Amazon or local retailers.

Quote:
Are there guides that will lead 1 or 2 hikers on a multiple peak adventure?
There are several licensed guides who post on this forum, you may have already received a PM. You can also search the net, or take a look at this page: http://www.lakeplacid.com/do/outdoors/guides
rdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:48 AM   #4
DSettahr
ɹǝqɯǝɯ

Are you looking to hit peak leaf season? It happens in September in the High Peaks, not October.

October in the High Peaks is starting to get into shoulder season conditions. In particular, if you're looking to spend several weeks hiking in the area, you're likely to encounter ice and snow at least once during this time frame.

Also, in October, the water temperatures won't be as warm as they will be in the summer. Depending on when lake turnover happens, what you're envisioning as a "relaxing day on the water" may not be feasible.
DSettahr is offline   Reply With Quote