Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2022, 08:37 PM   #1
Lowjack12

Slob

Just passing time until the pike walleye opener
Love fishing in the cold snowy days they always produce big fish
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220420-073843_Messages.jpg (99.5 KB, 282 views)
Lowjack12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 11:03 AM   #2
bosco

nice fish! from shore? bait? lure?
bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 11:33 AM   #3
Lowjack12

Casting spoon from shore 29 inch splake
Lowjack12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 02:14 PM   #4
Glen
Check please

Nice!
“Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. They smelled of moss in your hand. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.”
― Cormac McCarthy
Glen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 02:27 PM   #5
JimVroman

Nice Fish!
JimVroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 02:33 PM   #6
chaser
pond jockey

There you go!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2022, 05:01 PM   #7
wildbrookies

That?s a slammer of a splake! Congrats! What?s the state record for them because I?ve never heard of a splake that big.

WB
"Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton
wildbrookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 07:35 PM   #8
vtflyfish
Brookie Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbrookies View Post
That?s a slammer of a splake! Congrats! What?s the state record for them because I?ve never heard of a splake that big.

WB
Just ask Glen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Glensplakie.jpg (108.3 KB, 200 views)
Old 04-24-2022, 07:44 PM   #9
vtflyfish
Brookie Addict

Lowjack,
Nice fish! Didn't meet to hijack your thread but Glen-bashing is a time honored Adirondack tradition.
Old 04-24-2022, 08:19 PM   #10
wildbrookies

Omg! That?s 😂 hilarious! You?re too much !
"Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton
Old 04-25-2022, 02:01 AM   #11
Schultzz
Low Impact Skidder

Congrats LowJack! Nice catch. Splake exhibit higher growth rates than either parent species and can attain 46 cm (18 in) in length only two years after being planted as fingerlings. They can and do reproduce, and prefer deeper water in the hot summer months.
Old 04-26-2022, 09:20 PM   #12
Ryan Ball
NYOutdoors

Awesome fish man. On another note i can say while this forum like others has slowly died away due to newer social media platforms.....i still love coming here and having a good laugh. HAHAHA Glen-Bashing....sorry glen. Tight lines all.
Ryan Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 11:18 AM   #13
Buckladd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ball View Post
Awesome fish man. On another note i can say while this forum like others has slowly died away due to newer social media platforms.....i still love coming here and having a good laugh. HAHAHA Glen-Bashing....sorry glen. Tight lines all.
Agreed, we used to have a nice Lake George forum that was great during ice fishing season and it has died. Even ice shanty was quiet this past season.

Congrats LJ on the spake, pretty close to the record:
https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7935.html
Old 04-27-2022, 08:21 PM   #14
wildbrookies

Buckladd , that?s just the way it has evolved , but, if we can get a bunch of guys to drop in here time to time, we can continue to keep things interesting and fun. Without VT and Glen , the odds extremely lessen in our future bantering. I love checking in while in a brief slack time at work and find that VT and Glenn are at it again! It?s almost as good as a comedy show on tv. Videos , will be on the way next. I?m sure. Anyway , great point and hopefully you follow along as these guys really do know what they are doing out on the waters. Ok. I?m too serious. so, do not be afraid to chime in as the topics change hopefully more frequently as the new trout / and fishing season gets underway. Tightlines!! And good luck out there!

WB.
Old 04-29-2022, 09:02 AM   #15
Buckladd

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbrookies View Post
Buckladd , that?s just the way it has evolved.
For sure. I can surely attest to the impacts of social media like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and others. It?s just simpler for people who use SM to post their photos, stories and comments for others to see. Some of you may know about my website, ADKHunter.com. I watched it grow steadily in participation, especially photo submissions, from 2000 until around 2015 when the FB impact began to be felt in the form of fewer submitted photos, which continues to decrease. Although, since 2020 that decrease is on me as I no longer have the time for the site I used to have to dedicate to it.

The point is, SM is easier for to use, sadly. Although I use SM, more out of necessity, I still prefer these forums and theme-minded websites where the content may change, but at least archives are better accessed and we can pick up on a conversation from the past and make it fresh again. Rather than here today, buried in a few hours.