Pond temperatures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pond temperatures

I was wondering if anybody’s been out on any of the smaller ponds lately and taking some water temperatures. I may head up this weekend to try a few but didn’t want to bother if the temps were still warm.
    “Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. They smelled of moss in your hand. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.”
    ― Cormac McCarthy

I am not sure of the exact temp, but I was at my favorite Brook Trout spot this past weekend and the water was still pretty warm with only Bass biting.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    And lungs are poisoned and shoulders bowed,
    In the smothering reek of mill and mine;
    And death stalks in on the struggling crowd?
    But he shuns the shadow of the oak and pine?
    ― George W. Sears Nessmuk, Woodcraft and Camping

Comment

Glen,
      This past weekend I was fishing an outlet stream which drains two large ponds.
      The water temp of the stream was 58*.

Comment

Originally posted by serotonin View Post
        Glen,
        This past weekend I was fishing an outlet stream which drains two large ponds.
        The water temp of the stream was 58*.
        Thanks Sero!
        “Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. They smelled of moss in your hand. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.”
        ― Cormac McCarthy

Comment

Working...
        X