Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2020, 04:30 PM   #1
ADKpikebuster

Middle East trout hunting

Afghan bound in a few days men, not sure what the Pond or trout quality is over there Iíll let you know. Iíll be sure to drop in to remind everyone about the superior beer and fish in the park. I wonít be around for this trout season but still look at the forum everyday, post pics for me it gives me something to look at when Iím free, until Iím back crack some cold ones and maybe role a hornbeck in my name!!🍻🍻

I used to drink a lot. I still do...but I used to, too

http://youtu.be/DJH8iMb2YXk YEEFRICKINYEEE "
ADKpikebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:26 PM   #2
Schultzz
Low Impact Skidder

Stay out of harms way. We'll pray for safe return and save a few fish for you.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:38 PM   #3
Woodly

Grenades work great on fish. Be safe, God Bless. Thanks
Woodly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:46 AM   #4
St.Regis

Thanks for your service!
St.Regis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:31 AM   #5
Stillhunter

Thank you for your service Pikebuster. Stay safe. I will share any pics I take to give you a bit of your home field while you are away. I have not been ice fishing yet in western ny due to the up and down ice conditions. Maybe things will improve heading into the weekend.
Stillhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 11:00 AM   #6
Chris I

This one's for you Pikebuster, thanks for putting in the work. It is very appreciated
Old 01-29-2020, 12:06 PM   #7
Lucky13

I recall an article in FlyFisherman many years ago that featured trout fishing in Afghanistan. The Country is at the eastern end of the native range for Brown Trout. This was pre-Soviet invasion so these resources may be heavily damaged from over 30 years of war, but it is a cold mountainous country. I would be very wary about trespassing there, I think they are more likely to toss out an RPG than a load of rocksalt (Strictly in jest!) In all seriousness, thank you for your service, keep your head down and an open mind, very different culture over there.
Lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:47 PM   #8
sandcreek

I'm not even sure if I have ever posted before, but I just want to thank you for what you do and wish you only the best. Do you
sandcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 03:19 AM   #9
ADKpikebuster

Thanks all, Afghanistan has made me think a lot of the ADKs lately and how lucky I am to have grown up in an area where i don't have the threat of being shot or blown up, then again when you have too many beers at deer camp and you’re trying to lite the propane stove anything is possible. But in all seriousness it’s all good here, I’m basically an Uber driver with up armored trucks and M4s

I used to drink a lot. I still do...but I used to, too

http://youtu.be/DJH8iMb2YXk YEEFRICKINYEEE "

Last edited by ADKpikebuster; 02-16-2020 at 02:42 PM..
ADKpikebuster is offline   Reply With Quote