Anyone know a Wescott Creek?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know a Wescott Creek?

Wondering if anyone knows where Wescott Creek is located. I don't have a lot of clues, other than it is supposed to be in the Adirondacks. It's possible it is near Garnet Lake or Mountain Lake, and apparently a family called Wescott had settled there several generations ago. I am familiar with Westcott Beach State Park but the spelling is different, and it is a long ways from Garnet Lake and Mountain Lake, so I'm not sure that Westcott Beach is near Wescott Creek.

I received a few more clues.

It might actually be called Wescott Stream (not creek). It is probably on or around Crane Mountain. The family remembers the house was on Crane Mountain, that they went to Thurman for groceries, and there was a road nearby called Henry Wescott Road. All those things are near Garnet Lake and Crane Mountain, so seems like this is the best guess of where Wescott Stream would have been located.

If anyone knows where this stream actually is, please let me know. Someone who has died wanted their ashes spread on Wescott Stream and we're trying to take their dying wishes seriously. Appreciate any help.

Comment

There's a Wescott Rd. just off of Garnett Lake Rd. It's just south of Crane Mt. and the Topo shows several un-named streams in the area. Could be what you're looking for.

Wescott Rd.jpg
      Tick Magnet

Comment

yeah now it's figuring out which of the unnamed streams is the correct one....

Comment

Sounds like a couple calls to town historians in that area might be a good next step.

Comment

Working...
          X