Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2021, 08:01 AM   #21
Nnyhunter

Has anyone been to osgood pond yet? I’m thinking of bringing my kids with me this weekend and want to make sure it will be ok/safe for them, we are very new to ice fishing and learning together.
Nnyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:22 AM   #22
adkfishing

I can't speak for Osgood Pond as I have not been near it, but if it is anything like the lakes around me they froze very unevenly this year so you could have good ice in one section and then bad ice very close by. We are finally getting the first real good cold stretch so most places will lock up solid. With kids and being new to ice fishing it might make sense to wait a week, but maybe someone close by will have a better ice report of that specific spot.
adkfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 06:59 PM   #23
sleepy

Indian Lake

Anybody been by Indian Lake or Adirondack was wondering if its worth going up this weekend to do some fishing. Any info appreciated.
sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:48 PM   #24
Ryan Ball
NYOutdoors

Osgood is very big and shallow and not the best for new comers so to speak. With the kids its even harder. I havent personally checked the ice thickness but other ponds and lakes of similar size in our area go from 3-6 inches. Jones is close by and i bet a lot of that slush will be frozen by then. Its definitely safe and may be more productive for you.
Ryan Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:26 PM   #25
Nnyhunter

Ryan,
Thanks for the information, we went to Jones last weekend and it was productive and fun for all (4-5”), sounds like we’ll stick there again.
Nnyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 11:21 PM   #26
bluequill

Stopped by Point au Roche on Lake Champlain today and glad I had a back up plan to ski the trails. Deep Bay had some sketchy looking ice, no one fishing and no holes. On the way out I talked to a couple of guys who said they were going to give it a try. Told them to be safe........ said a prayer as I drove away.
bluequill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 05:34 PM   #27
Buckladd

For those of you further south, I fished Glen Lake in Warren County today. Getting on is tricky thanks to a bubbler, but there's 4-5 inches of ice. Fishing was slow but it felt good to get out. My brother moved back from AZ in 2020 and hasn't been on the ice in years, so it was cool.

Drove by South Bay on Champlain yesterday, plenty of guys out there. Don't know the ice thickness. Everyone down here is waiting/hoping for the King to freeze; that would be Lake George. A few other lakes to check out down this way would be Trout Lake, Lake Luzerne and Moreau, which is now open at the Park and would not be if they didn't feel the ice was safe. If you're fishing down here, please report.
Old 01-09-2021, 06:40 PM   #28
skillzman1

I saw several people out on Luzerne the last 2 days when I drove by. Not sure the thickness but they had snowmobiles on it.
Old 01-16-2021, 07:51 AM   #29
Buckladd

Fished Moreau Lake for a few hours yesterday, pretty quiet. Glen Lake access is a mess. Hearing they're up on Schroon. May drive up Monday afternoon to check it out. Aching to fish bigger water.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:46 AM   #30
Buckladd

Anybody fishing the Schroon Lake derby next weekend?
Old 03-10-2021, 07:36 AM   #31
Adironzach

I did not end up fishing the tournament. Decided to fish LG for one last good ice hurrah before this warm up does a number to that ice. I always have wanted to fish the Schroon tourney but i tend to try and avoid ppl when i go out, so that would be doing the opposite. Always feel like im conflicted late season as i never seem to be satisfied with how often i get out during the season
Adironzach is offline   Reply With Quote