Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > General Forum Related Topics > Forum News and Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2020, 09:21 PM   #21
Kyler
Admin

I've updated the forum software from version 3.8.4 to 3.8.11. Hopefully this addresses the issues they we've been seeing this week. Keep updating this thread if you are having issues.
Old 03-01-2020, 10:29 PM   #22
DSettahr
ɹǝqɯǝɯ

I'm also noticing that there's an awful lot of... suspicious new accounts that have been registered in the past few days. If you look at the member list, it looks like over 100 new accounts were created on Friday: http://adkforum.com/memberlist.php?&...ndate&page=623

Scrolling through, it looks like roughly 2,300 new accounts were registered over the past few weeks- and the names all seem to follow a similar format.
DSettahr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 06:19 AM   #23
Kyler
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSettahr View Post
I'm also noticing that there's an awful lot of... suspicious new accounts that have been registered in the past few days. If you look at the member list, it looks like over 100 new accounts were created on Friday: http://adkforum.com/memberlist.php?&...ndate&page=623

Scrolling through, it looks like roughly 2,300 new accounts were registered over the past few weeks- and the names all seem to follow a similar format.
Yeah, I noticed that as well. I turned off self-registration until I can get that issue taken care of.
Old 03-02-2020, 09:25 AM   #24
Craig
aka NumNum

Nice catch!

I still get a security token issue when trying to mark forums read. That might be due to a template modification.
If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose has been fulfilled.
Red Skelton
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 09:55 AM   #25
DSettahr
ɹǝqɯǝɯ

Also, Wldrns' post keeps showing up as a new post every few hours in this thread: http://adkforum.com/showthread.php?p=280504#post280504
Old 03-02-2020, 11:47 AM   #26
Lucky13

On the Limekiln to Squaw thread on the paddling board, I have sent two posts that have just disappeared into the ether, it would appear this happened today to Wldrnss or it has not tracked posts since his last one, and on many of the threads, the date time stamps are either incorrect or, as Dsettahr points out they are not updating. Other threads are working perfectly, though, so it is getting closer. And thank you very much!
Lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 04:04 PM   #27
Wldrns

My reply post on the Limekiln thread kept saying that I had a duplicate post, yet nothing was there at all when I then checked. Just a little while ago I saw that I indeed did have many multiple duplicate posts. I deleted all but one and it seems to be working properly now.
Old 03-02-2020, 09:01 PM   #28
stripperguy
Hangin' by a thread

Quote:

If you work your way back in the member list, you'll see this all started (or seems to have) on 10-19-2019

It's not up to me, but if it were, I would delete every one of those new members and require real new members to check in to verify their identity.
stripperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 07:26 AM   #29
Kyler
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripperguy View Post
It's not up to me, but if it were, I would delete every one of those new members and require real new members to check in to verify their identity.
Ideally, I'd like to do that. In practice, it's not a simple task. There isn't a quick or easy way to identify which accounts are bad and which are legitimate users.
Old 03-03-2020, 08:50 AM   #30
DSettahr
ɹǝqɯǝɯ

Yeah, it'd tough to do. You could at least sort out anyone who's posted, but there's probably a number of "authentic" accounts that have registered but not posted.

If nothing happens with the thousands of accounts it's probably not worth the effort. But the easiest solution if spam posts start being a problem is probably to install a mod that requires a captcha (or some other "I'm a real human being" verification method) with every post/comment.

How does Tapatalk work? Does Tapatalk have direct database access? I've noticed that sometimes when the forums are down I can still access (read and post) using Tapatalk, and vice-versa.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:49 PM   #31
Kyler
Admin

Quote:
How does Tapatalk work? Does Tapatalk have direct database access? I've noticed that sometimes when the forums are down I can still access (read and post) using Tapatalk, and vice-versa.
It doesn't have direct database access, but from what I can tell it uses it's own code to interface with the database, rather than the vBulletin PHP scripts. Tapatalk seemed to work pretty well last week when the forums were not reachable through the website.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:22 AM   #32
WinterWarlock
One foot in front of the other

I'm still getting the invalid security token when trying to mark forums as read...
Old 03-06-2020, 06:03 PM   #33
Kyler
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWarlock View Post
I'm still getting the invalid security token when trying to mark forums as read...
Try it now.
Old 03-07-2020, 07:46 AM   #34
Craig
aka NumNum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyler View Post
Try it now.
What style did you adjust?
If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose has been fulfilled.
Red Skelton
Old 03-07-2020, 08:45 AM   #35
WinterWarlock

Quote:
Try it now.
Still the same...

Wonder if maybe clearing my cache?

2020-03-07 07_41_49-Window.jpg
Old 03-07-2020, 09:04 AM   #36
Craig
aka NumNum

Quote:
Still the same...

Wonder if maybe clearing my cache?

Attachment 19501
It might. Might be the style you are using too. I had an issue with one style, but not another.
Red Skelton
Old 03-07-2020, 09:33 AM   #37
WinterWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
It might. Might be the style you are using too. I had an issue with one style, but not another.
OK, neither of those did it...still seeing it. Tried all three styles (and man, is that all green one hard on the eyes!), and cleared my cache, restarted Chrome, etc.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:28 AM   #38
Craig
aka NumNum

Quote:
OK, neither of those did it...still seeing it. Tried all three styles (and man, is that all green one hard on the eyes!), and cleared my cache, restarted Chrome, etc.
I use the vbulletin default style and it works. For the heck of it, have you tried logging out and back in to try it?
Red Skelton
Old 03-08-2020, 09:12 AM   #39
Kyler
Admin

Quote:
What style did you adjust?
I thought I checked/updated all styles.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:07 AM   #40
WinterWarlock

Quote:
I use the vbulletin default style and it works. For the heck of it, have you tried logging out and back in to try it?
Quote:
I thought I checked/updated all styles.
Logged out and in, tried all three styles again...still the same error.