No announcement yet.

Group Top-roping sites suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, all. Just wanted to report back that we ended up staying at Moffitt Beach and climbing at Lake Pleasant quarry. C4C, thanks a lot for the beta! Despite the rain on both Saturday and Sunday, the rock was surprisingly dry. What a great job you guys did cleaning it up and setting the anchors (we even found carpets at the base to put our ropes on). Hiking was also great we did Pilsbury and Snowy - what a gorgeous mountain! I will not give high marks to the campground though (chose based on the proximity and numerous high ratings from various online sources) - very unpleasant overall experience - stay away!

Comment

Glad to help!

Comment

Originally posted by welle View Post
        Hi, all. Just wanted to report back that we ended up staying at Moffitt Beach and climbing at Lake Pleasant quarry. C4C, thanks a lot for the beta! Despite the rain on both Saturday and Sunday, the rock was surprisingly dry. What a great job you guys did cleaning it up and setting the anchors (we even found carpets at the base to put our ropes on). Hiking was also great we did Pilsbury and Snowy - what a gorgeous mountain! I will not give high marks to the campground though (chose based on the proximity and numerous high ratings from various online sources) - very unpleasant overall experience - stay away!
        I need to check out that quarry!

We have plans to stay at Moffit soon, if not publicly could you send me a private message with the details of your experience? If I really need to go elsewhere then I'll change plans...

Comment

Originally posted by Anita View Post
          Owl's Head seems to be very popular with groups.
          I did the 2 shorter routes (of the 5) Saturday and I really liked this wall! Unfortunately there was a large group on the other 3 and although they offered to share their ropes/anchors we ended up running out of time and had to head elsewhere to possibly meet someone. Bugs were pretty bad too. Good excuse to go back.

The only downfall was the slightly strenuous climb because this wall is the summit and it's a hike to get there (not terrible but definitely a factor to be considered if other, more easily accessible walls are available).

Comment

thanks for great info

My Hikes - http://www.peakbagger.com/List.aspx?lid=5120&cid=2041

more photos http://www.adkforum.com/album.php?albumid=60

Comment

Working...
            X