JBL parking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBL parking

Hello everyone, I am taking my sons up to climb Gothics at the end of September. We will be arriving on Sunday and leaving on Tuesday. We have reserved a lean to at JBL just to make things easier on me as far as planning goes. My question is I’m assuming the garden parking lot will be full. What is my alternative to the garden? If you have a reservation at JBL do you get to park in a certain area? I haven’t been to the garden in a couple years so I’m trying to nail down the details. We will not be arriving until the afternoon on Sunday.
    Thanks

Sunday afternoons are more of a question of when, not if, spots will be available. Day hikers and the weekend crowd will be coming out of the woods as the day wanes so spots will definitely open up at some point even if the lot is full during the day. I'd anticipate that you may not be able to get as early a start as you'd like and plan accordingly, but otherwise I'd not really worry too much about parking at the Garden with a Sunday afternoon start.

Comment

Just be sure to have a couple of good lights each, in case you have to hike after sundown due to late parking availability. Celll phone lights don't count.
      "Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -Walt Whitman

Comment

One option would be the Klondike Notch trail. Park at the Meadows (not exactly uncrowded either). It is a longer hike, has more elevation and I have this as a backup plan on paper - never hiked it.

I think with some patience the Garden will work out but if you like hiking, exploring, and want a nice warm-up hike...
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Eyes on the Forest, not on the Trees

Comment

Also, our last time we were shut out and the shuttle was an option that was GREAT!

2023 Garden/Johns Brook Valley Hiker Shuttle Schedule The Hiker Shuttle from Marcy Field to the Garden will begin operation on August 26 and operate on Saturdays & Sundays through Columbus Day weekend. The shuttle provides
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Eyes on the Forest, not on the Trees

Comment

If you use the shuttle to get to the Garden, realize that it only runs on weekends, so you'll have to find another way back to your car on a Tuesday. If you get to the Garden on a Sunday afternoon and it's full, you probably could just wait awhile for someone to leave.

Comment

Working...
            X