Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2010, 06:37 PM   #21
flashback max

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzrw View Post
Not a bad idea...Two weeks was ok, a whole summer, sweet.

I truly didn't care about the size of the fish as I had read that RMNP trout can be small, but this may get you even more heated up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foTIt...eature=related
Dude! What the () are you doing showing me that video!! OMG... I wanna leave tomorrow. Right about 7:50, that guy misses the fish and it comes back for the fly... I was about ready to...well never mind. That was like the ultimate. NOTHING better than watching a fish take a fly like that.

You and I would get along just fine. Small fish aren't a big deal to me. I love fishing for 4" brookies, 3" sunnies, etc. I don't mind battling a large fish don't get me wrong. But little guys will always have a place in my heart. Those fish they're catching in the video are damn nice IMO.
________
VAPORIZERS

Last edited by flashback max; 08-11-2011 at 12:08 PM..
flashback max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:24 PM   #22
SummitHat
That was fun

Thanks for posting all the pics and descriptions of this breathtaking park. So many stunning photos... and if your experience is like mine, the photos still fall short of what you actually see when you're there. Awesome, literally.
SummitHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:31 PM   #23
bassanglers912

WOW!! Absolutley amazing! Thanks for sharing!
bassanglers912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:15 PM   #24
vtflyfish
Brookie Addict

Marzrw,

Those pictures are absolutely amazing. You have a true gift in your ability to tease incredible pictures out of an incredible landscape. That was one of the best posts on this forum. The pic of Cutts in the gin clear water was my favorite but they're all sweet!
Old 08-14-2010, 09:13 PM   #25
dano

breathtaking pictures...it appears you are shooting with some sort of wide angle lens.....what type of camera and lens are you using?
dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:10 AM   #26
marzrw

Thanks vt and everyone else.

dano I have a Pentax K10D DSLR camera with a 16-45mm Pentax lens. Kind of a heavy camera to lug around doing mountains, 4 ten mile hikes, and fishing, but seems worth it most of the time. It isn't waterproof, but does have weather resistant seams to protect it from the environment. Since I bought it, just like all other companies, Pentax has released about 4 newer models.I have a couple other lenses, one is a longer zoom but mostly use the 16-45 as at the 16mm end it is a wider look. Plus adding something in the foreground is an Ansel Adams trick.

Last edited by marzrw; 08-15-2010 at 10:22 AM..
marzrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:35 AM   #27
dano

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzrw View Post
Thanks vt and everyone else.

dano I have a Pentax K10D DSLR camera with a 16-45mm Pentax lens. Kind of a heavy camera to lug around doing mountains, 4 ten mile hikes, and fishing, but seems worth it most of the time. It isn't waterproof, but does have weather resistant seams to protect it from the environment. Since I bought it, just like all other companies, Pentax has released about 4 newer models.I have a couple other lenses, one is a longer zoom but mostly use the 16-45 as at the 16mm end it is a wider look. Plus adding something in the foreground is an Ansel Adams trick.
yeah i pack my nikon dslr with me even though its a bit on the bulky heavy size. thanks for the info. great pics!!!
dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:05 PM   #28
rADK

"For what it's worth, I'd rather spend an evening casting to littlewild brookies in an unknown, uncrowded and unspoiled Park creek than a day hauling in big stocked rainbows on some name-brand river with a parking lot next to it."

Amen.
rADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:25 PM   #29
Klip59

Awesome photo's MARZRW! We head to RMNP tomorrow night. This just made me more anxious to get there. I probably won't sleep tonight.
Thanks for sharing, gave me more places I need to visit.
Klip59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:22 PM   #30
marzrw

Thanks klip. Have an awesome trip
Old 08-27-2010, 06:36 PM   #31
wyldeflower
happiest in the woods

Awesome!!!

awesome ! ! !
Old 09-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #32
JJF

holy cow...wow
JJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:34 PM   #33
marzrw

wyldeflower and JJF..Thanks..Much appreciated...

wyldeflower..Yosemite is on our list of things to do..Glad youn experineced what Jihn Muir saw...I don't think I could do 24 days or even 21 so congrats to you...Tired old bones sometimes need beds and not bed rolls...Hope you do post your pics sometime...