Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > General Forum Related Topics > Forum News and Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2009, 04:43 AM   #81
LaRocqueOShaughnessy
Shoelace Express

LaRocque is my grandpa's last name on my mother's side. And Shaughnessy is my grandma's last name, and I decided to keep it traditionally Irish and at the "O" to the name. They both lived in Newcomb. Moved to Minerva a while later where I spent most of my summers as a child.

I figured I'd use their names become simply that is where they were from. Plus I have a deeper connection with my mother's side of the family.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:15 PM   #82
wyldeflower
happiest in the woods

I love wild flowers and wild herbs. I used this spelling to be just a little different.

Love Ladyslippers and Red Trillium.

When I attended college in Potsdam, NY, my landlord had a garden of wildflowers including Yellow Lady Slipper, Maidenhair Fern, Solomon Seal, and other great things. I have special memories from Potsdam. I think that's when (1983 - 85) my first affection for wildflowers began. Wildflowers remind me of my experience in Potsdam where I attended Crane School of Music. I'm so lucky.

Someday, I'll have a garden like Betty's, my land lord from Potsdam.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:17 PM   #83
Woodsman

CityMan just didn't have that ring to it.

Woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:29 PM   #84
budgeuk

i have been called budge since i was a kid as in the budgie like the bird, but when i went online i thought i would put a uk on it as i lived in the uk

so i have it all hotmail, yahoo, gmail and skype

i once had the domian but it was an pain to transfer to the usa
so i let it laps
budgeuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:10 PM   #85
Lute Hawkins

"Lute" is technically not my first name, but is a conglomeration of my first and middle names, Lucius Terrapin.
Lute Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #86
spenny

Spenny is from my maiden name. my maiden name was Spencer and my nickname through school was spenny. Sorry its a bit boring isnt it.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:02 PM   #87
chunk

Chunk is derived from my body type. I stand 5'5" and weigh in at 200+. I have a scale, that I reciently bought, that takes all sorts of readings and I'm 41, but my physical age is 57. I'm a work in progress.
chunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:27 PM   #88
Dustin

Well Dustin is my first name. I don't know why I didn't think of something more clever for a user name, I think I was just really anxious to become a member of the site and never gave it a second thought. My avatar is the Tooth of Time at BSA's Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico. That was an amazing time and am looking forward to getting back into scouting. I don't have any kids, am only 24 (25 in a month) and work all the time and sometimes out of town. If anyone has any advice or need for a volunteer in your Boy Scout troop in the Syracuse area, PM me.
“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.”

~John Muir

Photos
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:25 PM   #89
W Canada Creek 30-30

I grew up hunting and fishing the West Canada Creek in Noblesboro where the family camp is. Favorite rifle is the 30-30, Mod.64 that was owned by my grandfather.

Great grandfather was Trume Haskell.
W Canada Creek 30-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:04 PM   #90
Wendigo

The canoe my dad and I paddled in the 1960's was named Wendigo. At the time, all I knew about the name was it had something to do with indians.

Little did I know what the name really meant. But, I still like the name and I promise I won't eat anyone.
Wendigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:54 PM   #91
timmedee

It is a play off of my first name and last initial, Timmy D. Way back when I was setting up my email account and timmyd was taken
timmedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #92
Kuala

Lived in Asia for a few years, one of my favorite cities was KL, Malaysia.
Kuala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:10 PM   #93
loonlover

loved and captivated by them from the first time I heard one at Cranberry Lake in the early 80s
loonlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:55 PM   #94
bluequill

"Bluequill"........If you fly fish, you know what it means..if you don't, it is the common name of a specific mayfly.
bluequill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:45 PM   #95
looncry

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonlover View Post
loved and captivated by them from the first time I heard one at Cranberry Lake in the early 80s
I was pleased to read about a mama loon who nested at Indian Lake recently-first time since 2000. Yea,loonlover,the loon is special. The sound or cry is forlorn yet I am awestricken by the loon. Looncry
Old 07-10-2009, 11:50 PM   #96
Trailpatrol

It's what I do, both as a ranger and as a volunteer. Ski patrol in the winter and bike patrol the rest of the year.

Hans
Old 08-05-2009, 11:24 AM   #97
mudrat
Resident Slide Junkie

MudRat came to pass when WWBF and I hiked Seymour/Seward/Don/Emmons in 2004...We just happened to hike it during the 1 calm day after the remnants of Hurricane Charlie and before Tropical Storm Bonnie's remnants blew in. Knee deep mud "stuck" with me via the trailname
Old 08-11-2009, 12:33 PM   #98
dpc34

dpc34

dpc are my initials and 34 is the # of the first sports car that I raced(SCCA). A first generation RX-7...
dpc34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:55 PM   #99
solve4x
Thankful Every Day!

math teacher...get it? Corny jokes are a specialty!
"Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father." Matthew 10:29 "But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows."
Luke 12:7
solve4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:57 PM   #100
WinterWarlock
One foot in front of the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by solve4x View Post
math teacher...get it? Corny jokes are a specialty!
Have you met DuctTape yet? He's also a math teacher....