Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Trip Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2020, 02:22 PM   #1
Tomcat

Northville- Placid Trail thru hike

The first week of September I set out to hike the NPT. Six days later I succeeded. Other than a wet start, the trip went well. I have a photo heavy, thorough TR at my website at the link below.

http://www.tomcatsadventures.com/202...cid-trail.html

A small sampling

Tomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 04:51 PM   #2
DuctTape
Out of Shape

awesome. thanks for sharing.

My trail journal: DuctTape's Journal
DuctTape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 05:55 PM   #3
hikingandwildex

Good stuff! This is a great time of year to hike the NPT for reasons you laid out at the end of your report. I'll be heading out to the Adirondacks in a few weeks and am considering kicking off my trip in the West Canada Lakes wilderness area. Looks nice in those photos!
Old 09-16-2020, 04:24 PM   #4
snapper
snapper

Thanks for the report. I appreciate reading of your experience. The NPT is a long term goal of mine but 20+ mile days are no longer a realistic expectation for me. I'll need to add a few days to your adventure but hopefully I can still make it a reality. My biggest issue is I'm not against going alone but my wife would be a lot happier if I had some company. To be honest, I probably would as well since it's always nice to have another person to talk to.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper
snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:17 PM   #5
DuctTape
Out of Shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper View Post
Thanks for the report. I appreciate reading of your experience. The NPT is a long term goal of mine but 20+ mile days are no longer a realistic expectation for me. I'll need to add a few days to your adventure but hopefully I can still make it a reality. My biggest issue is I'm not against going alone but my wife would be a lot happier if I had some company. To be honest, I probably would as well since it's always nice to have another person to talk to.

snapper
Let me know when you decide to go. If I am available I'll join you for all/part.

My trail journal: DuctTape's Journal
DuctTape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:04 AM   #6
snapper
snapper

DuctTape - That's a generous offer and I truly appreciate it. As to not take up more room from this post, I'll PM you about this.

snapper
snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:33 AM   #7
chaser
pond jockey

Thanks for sharing Tomcat. I'm going to take on the NPT in another week. I hope to do as well as you did.