No announcement yet.

Pharaoh Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might cop-out and stay at the Blue Ridge Motel and day hike. I have everything downstairs and ready to pack my backpack, but if I stay in the motel I can still hit every trail that I planned on if I had backpacked. Would stay five nights in a room as opposed to the lean-to. Disappointed to hear the lean-to was a mess. Regardless, I'm still coming!!!
    Are you hiding in the shadows - forget the pain, forget the sorrow.

Comment

Spikes are always a good idea to have in April, especially up high, but I am not sure you will need them. We ran into a couple coming from Treadway on Saturday and one of them did not even have a backpack on. They said the trail was pretty dry, being a lot of the hike up is on open rock. Plus, I would expect this snow is not going to linger for too long with higher temps coming in the next few days, so I dont really think you need to pull the plug on your backpacking plans, especially if you plan on staying in lean-to shelters. I certainly would not, but to each their own. Better safe than sorry I suppose. Good luck to you, I am sure you will have a great trip whatever you decide to do. Pharaoh region never disappoints, minus the occasional trashed lean-to.

Comment

It seems like every year the Rock Pond leanto gets trashed in early spring. Maybe the same group, or just a coincidence... One year someone left a tent and half a case of beer. I drank as many as I could and took the POS tent with me.

Comment

Working...
        X