Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
Edb 46 er

Kelty Cache Hauler

Anyone have any experience with this pack as far as carrying?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kelty cache.jpg (30.5 KB, 238 views)
Edb 46 er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:11 AM   #2
chaser
pond jockey

Edb, I have no experience with this pack, but I think you could get some answers on the "backpack hunting" forum on 24hourcampfire.com.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #3
Edb 46 er

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser View Post
Edb, I have no experience with this pack, but I think you could get some answers on the "backpack hunting" forum on 24hourcampfire.com.
A lot of information and just the sorts needed. Thanks for the inside tip!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:52 PM   #4
chaser
pond jockey

No problem, another good site for that kind of hunting info is Rokslide.com, those guys are really into that kind of hunting. I'll never hunt that extreme, but those guys inspire me to at least work out.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #5
Huginn og Muninn

You were kicking around buying that pack a year ago, weren't you? I posted a reply regarding a Kelty Super Tioga, which I believe is a similar pack to the one pictured above. Did you go to Idaho last season to hunt?
Huginn og Muninn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #6
Edb 46 er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huginn og Muninn View Post
You were kicking around buying that pack a year ago, weren't you? I posted a reply regarding a Kelty Super Tioga, which I believe is a similar pack to the one pictured above. Did you go to Idaho last season to hunt?
Yes, I think that was me? Waiting for the price to come down on the pack. Looks like a practical solution for what I have in mind.

Once in awhile Backcountry Edge has a special on the this model but I never seem to have the money at that time of sale.

As for making it out to Idaho, I didn't of course. But the way things are going I wouldn't throw away the idea of actually moving to Idaho!

Kelty has reintroduced the Tioga series again with it's huge cubic inches, something like 5600cu.? Nice pack as well, but the Cache has a brace for hauling quarters of beast.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:58 AM   #7
Huginn og Muninn

http://www.adkforum.com/showthread.php?t=16999

You are correct. My pack does not have the fold down shelf. I have to lash quarters to it, which has never been a problem. The bag removes and reattaches easily. These packs have to be the most comfortable way to carry a load. I do own an internal frame pack and use it for rock climbing. It is comfortable (relatively) with up to about 40 pounds in it. Anytime I am not rock climbing and have to carry more than a fanny pack, I go to the Kelty.
Huginn og Muninn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #8
Edb 46 er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huginn og Muninn View Post
http://www.adkforum.com/showthread.php?t=16999

You are correct. My pack does not have the fold down shelf. I have to lash quarters to it, which has never been a problem. The bag removes and reattaches easily. These packs have to be the most comfortable way to carry a load. I do own an internal frame pack and use it for rock climbing. It is comfortable (relatively) with up to about 40 pounds in it. Anytime I am not rock climbing and have to carry more than a fanny pack, I go to the Kelty.
Sounds good to me~