Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Paddling in the Adirondacks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2021, 02:39 PM   #21
Crash

I was surprised to hear MSL #63 LT was replaced. I stayed here at the end of August and did not think it was in that bad of shape. There were 4 plaques that were in the LT. What happened to them?

By the way, I'd expect the motorboat traffic to be quite low next spring since they are repairing the locks. The campsites there are not available to rent until July 1st. Press release: https://www.dec.ny.gov/press/123640.html

Here are a couple photos of CS 63 this past August.
IMG_5013.jpg
IMG_5002.jpg

Last edited by Crash; 10-24-2021 at 04:36 PM..
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 05:26 PM   #22
Wldrns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
I was surprised to hear MSL #63 LT was replaced. I stayed here at the end of August and did not think it was in that bad of shape. There were 4 plaques that were in the LT. What happened to them?

By the way, I'd expect the motorboat traffic to be quite low next spring since they are repairing the locks. The campsites there are not available to rent until July 1st. Press release: https://www.dec.ny.gov/press/123640.html

Here are a couple photos of CS 63 this past August.
Attachment 20125
Attachment 20126
The DEC has those plaques, don't worry about them. The old leanto was sitting on 4 rotting chunks of wood as corner support bases and the roof needed major repair/replacement. The new leanto is firmly placed on large boulders that we moved into place for the long lasting purpose. All new logs all new roof boards with ice and water underlayment and new shingles. The fire pit was also rebuilt with new mortar and stones. Work was done with BOCES students as a learning/work hands on construction project from schools around Saranac Lake and Lake Placid.

The DEC officer in charge of waterways who was with us at the Leanto says not to expect the lock to be completed until the end of summer, even though reservations are being taken for earlier than his expected realistic completion date.

Last edited by Wldrns; 10-25-2021 at 03:09 PM..
Wldrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 09:43 PM   #23
Crash

Wldrns - Thanks for the info. And thanks for your lean-to rescue efforts also.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 09:47 PM   #24
Sinite

This is greta news- about the locks! Thanks for sharing! I will make sure to spend some more time there then.
The new leant and fire pit is very nice!
Sinite is offline   Reply With Quote