Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > General Adirondack Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2020, 05:57 PM   #1
JoeRpaddler

Raquette Lake parking

Hello everyone. Hopefully this is an easy question. What is the best access to leave a vehicle overnight at Raquette Lake ? I have never spent a night camping there and the Nat Geo map has a $ next to the lakefront parking by where the steamboat and other attractions are at the southwest corner of the lake along the roadway. Does anyone know the cost per vehicle and where to pay if its reasonable ? Tx a bunch for any and all info as I am looking to spend a night and explore around and maybe fish a little with my brother and enjoy the beautiful lake a little. Tx

Joe
JoeRpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:24 PM   #2
SteveSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRpaddler View Post
Hello everyone. Hopefully this is an easy question. What is the best access to leave a vehicle overnight at Raquette Lake ? I have never spent a night camping there and the Nat Geo map has a $ next to the lakefront parking by where the steamboat and other attractions are at the southwest corner of the lake along the roadway. Does anyone know the cost per vehicle and where to pay if its reasonable ? Tx a bunch for any and all info as I am looking to spend a night and explore around and maybe fish a little with my brother and enjoy the beautiful lake a little. Tx

Joe
I have made a few day trips to that area and I don't remember any signs for a parking fee. I typically go up on a Friday during the summer for a day trip to explore around. It is a great area. Paddling on Browns Tract Inlet or the Marion River are both fabulous. There are some very nice campsites on Big Island. I have not camped there, but I stopped and checked them out and they looked good. I have been questioned at the launch about where my boat has been. I clean and dry my boat before going there, they inspected my boat before I launched. If you are coming from the South, you can stop at the boat inspection station that is usually set up across from Lake Durant.
SteveSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 10:19 AM   #3
JoeRpaddler

Thanks for the good info SteveSam ! One more question that I forgot to include on my first post. Google maps shows Raquette Lake Supply Co. store right by the parking/ launch location. Do you know if they have provisions and water and basic supplies and if they are open for business ? Any info on that would be very helpful and tx again .
Old 09-09-2020, 10:51 AM   #4
SteveSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRpaddler View Post
Thanks for the good info SteveSam ! One more question that I forgot to include on my first post. Google maps shows Raquette Lake Supply Co. store right by the parking/ launch location. Do you know if they have provisions and water and basic supplies and if they are open for business ? Any info on that would be very helpful and tx again .
It's a good store with basic provisions and ice cream! Looks like they are open according to Google, but I would call to make sure.
SteveSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 11:51 AM   #5
snapper
snapper

To your parking question, across from the launch site is the public library. In the past I've seen many vehicles parked across the road by the building. If my memory serves me, you should also find available parking on the lake side of the road between the gas pumps for the store and the WW Durant. If worst comes to worst, the post office is a two minute walk from the beach. You might be able to park at that lot since there's always more spots than cars. I'd just call them in advance to see if that's possible.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper
snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 11:36 PM   #6
OntarioSkiBum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSam View Post
It's a good store with basic provisions and ice cream! Looks like they are open according to Google, but I would call to make sure.
Huge fresh baked cookies too!
OntarioSkiBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 01:07 PM   #7
JoeRpaddler

Thanks Snapper and OSB. Iím trying to make plans to get up there later this month if the weather holds good. Canít go wrong with fresh cookies !