Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Food, Lodging, Parking, and Transportation
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2009, 02:47 PM   #181
Alpine1

Adirondack Hotel in Long Lake.
Alpine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:36 PM   #182
Willie
46er #5193W

Blue Moon Cafe - 55 Main St., Saranac Lake, NY.

Nice place for breakfast. Casual dining ... walk in, grab a coffee mug, fill 'er up at the coffee bar, and sit wherever you like. Very good service. The homemade corned beef hash is out of this world. Fabulous pancakes and omelets.

Out of a possible five sunny side up eggs, I give Blue Moon Cafe
Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:39 AM   #183
JackG79

For Breakfast there is a place in Schroon Lake Called "Drakes Motel" that has a WICKED breakfast buffet on Sundays. EVERYTHING is good. They even have fresh fruit. Plates piled high with Sausage, Bacon, Home made Biscuits, Gravy, Eggs, Pancakes and just about anything else you'd want.

For bar food, Flanagans is my favorite. Penny, the owner is from FL and she is great. Decent prices too. They had two brothers that used to run it.. there was a HUGE fight in there, and tons of people went to the hospital... THen Penny took it over, and remodeled it and it's been great since. Got rid of most of that "Attic of Love" crowd. Great wings. Awesome burgers and fantastic french onion soup.

More expensive, but good seafood is a place called "Terrio's". YOu pay for your food there though. HUGE Shrimp Cocktails. There is an upstairs bar area were you can get all the stuff from the fine dining menu downstairs. When I was there, there was a few old timers jamming out on some fiddles, banjo's and an acoustic guitar. It was fun for sure.

For Pizza off exit 28 De Ceasars is great food, but NOT worth the money at all. I had a pizza, mozz stix and wings from there it was like 55.oo

I second the Lumberjack Inn in Tupper. Amazing breakfast.
And cut donuts in my yard
And while the Zeppelin's playing loud
They run off my party crowd
They cuff up my wrist
And throw me down so hard
JackG79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:49 AM   #184
Jeannie

opinion on Schroon Lake

Jack, Thought I would update you, lol. Terrios is under new ownership and is now Witherbees I have to disagree with you on DeCesars. That is where all the locals go and you know what they say, go where the locals go. I find their prices just fine and the food great, especially the haddock and shrimp. I have never been to Drakes breakfast buffet on Sundays but it sounds wonderful! If you want breakfast anytime of any day go to Paradox General Store, 3 1/2 miles outside of town on 74.
Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:59 PM   #185
wheyniger77

Great Range in Keene Valley -- where the Cliffhanger used to be.

Tip-a-Canoe in Keene, and the Cedar Run Bakery nearby.

Baxter Mountain Tavern on 9N near Keene.

and the Deer's Head Inn in Elizabethtown.

Will
wheyniger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:20 PM   #186
ADKHUNTER

Just had dinner this past Sunday night at the Once Upon A Moose Cafe in Pottersville. Food was really good with a bar menu and the regular dinner menu. Prices varied from under ten to mid twenties with good size portions. Deserts were fantastic and if you like hot wings its the place for you. My lips are still tingling. Service was good but a little slow. The owners need to have more wait staff on hand. The ladies just couldn't be everywhere at once. Lucky Leprechaun in Olmstedville has great food and is reasonably priced. Thier pizza is GREAT!

Ed
ADKHUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:10 PM   #187
wbwells
Travler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildernessphoto View Post
When I'm in Tupper Lake, I stop at the Lumberjack Inn on Rt. 3. They serve breakfast all day, and it comes on a platter. You eat well for the $3-$6.00 price. I've been going there for years, and enjoy it.
Lumberjack Inn on Rt. 3.

It's the place!! for a hungry out the woods and on the way home breakfast

Esp when your egress is under adverse weather conditions....so nice!!! a stop!

WbW

Ever notice that the people who are late
are often much jollier than the people who have to wait for them?
wbwells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:24 PM   #188
Wldrns

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbwells View Post
Lumberjack Inn on Rt. 3.

It's the place!! for a hungry out the woods and on the way home breakfast
We used to go to the Lumberjack quite a bit. The food is good and adequate, but ohhhhh, the extremely long wait to get served on several occasions drove us away. Approaching an hour wait to get breakfast served is just too long no matter how good it is.

Now we always stop at the Swiss Kitchen instead, just down the street (south) from Stewarts on the same side of the street. It's more of a diner style than a large room restaurant, but it offers plenty of great home-cooked style food at a great price.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:48 AM   #189
PA Ridgerunner
Just a hiker...

Lumberjack good, but opens late!

Stopped at the Lumberjack last fall on get-away day and had a fantastic breakfast. Highly recommended. Thought we would load up there before climbing Seymour last month and were disappointed to learn that they don't open until 7am! What's a hiker to do? (breakfast sandwiches and coffee from Stewarts.)

Rule #6: Don't take yourself so G.D. seriously. There are no other rules. - Zander
PA Ridgerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:12 PM   #190
Kevin
**BANNED**

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Ridgerunner View Post
(breakfast sandwiches and coffee from Stewarts.)
I'm a big fan of the last second Stewarts sandwiches
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:51 PM   #191
JackG79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
Jack, Thought I would update you, lol. Terrios is under new ownership and is now Witherbees I have to disagree with you on DeCesars. That is where all the locals go and you know what they say, go where the locals go. I find their prices just fine and the food great, especially the haddock and shrimp. I have never been to Drakes breakfast buffet on Sundays but it sounds wonderful! If you want breakfast anytime of any day go to Paradox General Store, 3 1/2 miles outside of town on 74.
I have a friend who agrees more with you than me, but me and him are not in the same tax bracket. He own's a camp two doors down from Decesars and he loves it. I thinnk he just dosent have the will power to stay away when they fire up the sauce and melting mozzorella cheese. When I'm at his camp I find it hard to resist myself. When Pizza and wings becomes a car payment, it's just too much for me though.

I had heard from a friend that Terrios was under new ownership. I used to come from Watervliet to schroon, and would pass it when I got off of ext 27. Now I live in Plattsburgh, so I come from ext. 28 side, and don't really go down that far much anymore. Most of my activities are on Hoffman rd, and over at Sportys in Minerva. Just got home from his Lobster Bake this weekend. That was a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And cut donuts in my yard
And while the Zeppelin's playing loud
They run off my party crowd
They cuff up my wrist
And throw me down so hard
JackG79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:12 AM   #192
chairrock
Indian Mt.Club

China Wok in Tupper Lake, 99 Park Street, in the old downtown area.

We had lunch there over the weekend and were pleasantly surprised.
The decor is terrible,the service was friendly but slow.
The pork egg foo young and General Tso's chicken lunch special were excellent!
Prices were reasonable. Takeout is available,and probably better than eating in such drab surroundings.
I told 2 local friends about the place and I got identical responses,"Great food.Lousy decor."

When a dog runs at you,whistle for him.
Henry David Thoreau

CL50-#23
chairrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:59 AM   #193
Kevin
**BANNED**

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairrock View Post
China Wok in Tupper Lake...

The decor is terrible...
Can't be any uglier than that old abandoned factory in the middle of town.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:22 AM   #194
looncry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie View Post
Blue Moon Cafe - 55 Main St., Saranac Lake, NY.

Nice place for breakfast. Casual dining ... walk in, grab a coffee mug, fill 'er up at the coffee bar, and sit wherever you like. Very good service. The homemade corned beef hash is out of this world. Fabulous pancakes and omelets.

Out of a possible five sunny side up eggs, I give Blue Moon Cafe
I love the Blue Moon Cafe! Looncry
Old 05-12-2010, 07:57 AM   #195
Ms Guided

Broadway Pizza!

Voted best pizza in Saratoga and I agree! New choices everytime and very tasty!
Ms Guided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:21 AM   #196
Hollywood
hollywood

Cafe Adirondack.......Just south of Stone Bridge ice cream on Rt 9........reservations suggested and bring your own wine
Old 05-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #197
Pat T
aka "Mother Nature"

Little Nonnie's (hope I spelled that right) in Olmstedville opens Memorial Day weekend.

Great breakfasts and home made donuts!

Pat T
Pat T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:41 PM   #198
DSettahr
ɹǝqɯǝɯ

Can't believe no one has mentioned Donelly's Ice Cream Stand in Lake Clear, NY. Best ice cream in the Adirondacks.
DSettahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:44 PM   #199
colden46

I like Custard's Last Stand, if only because of the name. I've only ever actually been there a couple times.

(Of course I'm sure they weren't the first to come up w/ it, but don't rain on my parade )
colden46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:43 PM   #200
Dustin

Lacy J's Diner in Stittville is a traditional stop on our way back from a Central ADK hike. Not sure if it's just our appetite from being in the woods or the food, but it tastes like a slice of heaven when we stop. Pepper, onion, and spinach omelette with home fries and wheat toast and a side of homemade hot sauce every time.
“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.”

~John Muir

Photos
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote