Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Trip Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2016, 08:36 PM   #1
Tabe

1000 Acre Swamp 3/8

Parked on the Lake Desolation Rd on The R shortly after the dirt section ended coming from Saratoga.Beautious sunny day in the hi 50's.Some ice but the spikes stayed on the pack all day.Moose scat,tracks and beaten in trails but we were missing the key component.We visited many vlys feet from the main road and we're planning on a return trip with chairs,binoculars and a picnic to be on a stakeout for Moose.https://www.facebook.com/jeff.tabor....=3&pnref=story Some pics.
Tabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:47 PM   #2
Tick Magnet

Loved the 3rd photo! Scatology 101

How was Fox Hill Rd.? We were driving some gravel roads a little bit north of there today and they were starting to get soft. Most town roads had weight restrictions posted.

Is mud season here already?
Old 03-10-2016, 10:07 AM   #3
Tabe

The road was very firm and dry.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:33 PM   #4
snapper
snapper

Would love to see the photos. Is there any way you can make them "public" for those of us who (still) aren't on Facebook? Just curious...

Until next time..be well.

snapper
snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 03:54 PM   #5
Tabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper View Post
Would love to see the photos. Is there any way you can make them "public" for those of us who (still) aren't on Facebook? Just curious...

snapper
Sorry my pics are too big to try to load on site.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:09 PM   #6
stripperguy
Hangin' by a thread

Quote:

snapper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabe View Post
Sorry my pics are too big to try to load on site.
Count me as another one that would love to see those photos.
Unlike snapper, I have no intention of ever joining Facebook.
Do you have some other online site where some of us "non believers" might view your stuff?
stripperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 04:17 PM   #7
JohnnyVirgil

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripperguy View Post
Count me as another one that would love to see those photos.
Do you have some other online site where some of us "non believers" might view your stuff?
Here they are:

JohnnyVirgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 04:19 PM   #8
Justin
Moving along

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripperguy View Post
How come, Mike?
I think you, of all people, would enjoy sharing & viewing photos & stories of outdoor adventures with the rest of us facebookers. I always think of you while viewing some of those cool paddling & backcountry skiing pages, and their phenomenal photographs like you often share here.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:50 PM   #9
autochromatica
46R #8475W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
How come, Mike?
I think you, of all people, would enjoy sharing & viewing photos & stories of outdoor adventures with the rest of us facebookers. I always think of you while viewing some of those cool paddling & backcountry skiing pages, and their phenomenal photographs like you often share here.
I no longer go on Facebook, because unlike here (or the High Peaks forum) they take your personal information and turn it around to advertisers. They also now manipulate what you see from others (like Twitter) so it's not really just a service. They're making billions off people's personal conversations.

(I don't use Google either.)
autochromatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 09:13 PM   #10
Justin
Moving along

Quote:
.... for those of us who (still) aren't on Facebook? Just curious...
Curious why you're not on facebook...?
Just a thought, but those of us who enjoy viewing & sharing photos with friends & family should really consider getting with the times, and create & enjoy a facebook account. Lots of great Adirondack & outdoor related pages with many people sharing wonderful photos & videos & info & stories over there that you will not find on this forum, or on the high peaks forum. I truly find it funny how some folks have no issues sharing photos and info on this website, yet refuse to be a part of a website where sharing images & info with friends & family is much easier, and often much more enjoyable, and where you can pick & choose what/who you'd like to view in your own news feed. Just seems like an unjustified anti-facebook type mentality to me. Heck, if our ol' pal Redhawk can enjoy it, surely others can too.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:38 PM   #11
JohnnyVirgil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabe View Post
Parked on the Lake Desolation Rd on The R shortly after the dirt section ended coming from Saratoga.Beautious sunny day in the hi 50's.Some ice but the spikes stayed on the pack all day.Moose scat,tracks and beaten in trails but we were missing the key component.We visited many vlys feet from the main road and we're planning on a return trip with chairs,binoculars and a picnic to be on a stakeout for Moose.https://www.facebook.com/jeff.tabor....=3&pnref=story Some pics.
That's right up the road from me. How's archer vly?
JohnnyVirgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 03:53 PM   #12
Tabe

We didn't head into Archers.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:15 PM   #13
Hard Scrabble

I've spent many hours with my hounds chasing white rabbits in that place.
Jim
Hard Scrabble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:42 PM   #14
albert

Justin he said he wasn't on Facebook YET he didn't say he was against it all together but i dont have Facebook either i used to but there was to many people making remarks like yours so i deactivated my account, less time spent on the internet means more time in the woods
Old 03-11-2016, 07:05 AM   #15
Justin
Moving along

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert View Post
Justin he said he wasn't on Facebook YET he didn't say he was against it all together but i dont have Facebook either i used to but there was to many people making remarks like yours so i deactivated my account, less time spent on the internet means more time in the woods
Ok cool, thanks for your comment, Albert.
Instead of deactivating your account, you can just deactivate the people making such remarks in your feed, but people are free to do as they wish. I was just curious.
-Justin
Old 03-11-2016, 01:57 PM   #16
EagleCrag

Re: Facebook. I joined facebook once and left the site because I found it way too intrusive into my privacy. That being said, I did not spend time educating myself on the ins and outs of facebook. Though I am loathe to join it again, I expect to do so in a few months but will take the time to school myself when I do. While I work in the computer field, it irks me the way the industry has created "needs" that aren't really needs. I have a cell phone but refuse to get enamored with a bunch of apps. I do utilize a few but could still do without them. Just this old guy's way of rebelling against a modern trend. Ah well, I digress from the topic at hand, sorry Tabe.
EagleCrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 02:16 PM   #17
Justin
Moving along

I don't believe that you are required to provide any more personal info on fb than required here on adkforum. You can even use a fake name like most people do on this website, so I honestly don't see much of a differnece. To each their own I guess. I for one am happy to be a friend of Tabe's on facebook, as well as countless other adkforum members who prefer to share their photos & stories there instead of here, and I don't blame them or judge them for doing so.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:23 PM   #18
Tabe

Thanks Johnny!
Old 03-11-2016, 08:37 PM   #19
Tabe

Geesh and I was just trying to put up a TR!😜
Old 03-11-2016, 08:50 PM   #20
stripperguy
Hangin' by a thread

Johnny,
Thanks for doing that...
Tabe,
Nice nuggets! And a Land Cruiser?! Wow, the trail never stops giving, does it?
I am disappointed that I can't see your skiing photos, we might have common skiing and snow preferences.

Justin,
I love to share my photos and experiences here on the forum, FB is not for me.
stripperguy is offline   Reply With Quote