Hamilton County Stream locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamilton County Stream locations

I'm looking for a couple streams in Hamilton county. PM me and I will tell you the names if you would like to help. I have looked at the maps and just can't find them. I don't like putting stream names on when I can help it. I found the names in a old book.

Thanks,

Bosco
    Last edited by bosco; 04-30-2021, 02:23 PM.

There is a set of Fishing Map Guides put out by Sportsman's Connection (www.sportsmansconnection.com). NY state is broken up into sections (separate publications)and focuses primarily on lakes and ponds, but their section maps show streams in the region as well as what streams are stocked. Franklin County can be found in their "Northeastern Adirondacks New York Fishing Map Guide, ISBN 1-885010-65-6. The stocking information on my copy is a bit dated and I don't know how often they update the series. These books are often found in Wal-Mart and sporting goods stores. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by bosco View Post
      I'm looking for a couple streams in Hamilton county. PM me and I will tell you the names if you would like to help. I have looked at the maps and just can't find them. I don't like putting stream names on when I can help it. I found the names in a old book.

Thanks,

Bosco
      You can try looking at some older topo maps. There are some online that go back to 1900 or so. Also, those names might not be accurate because people were protecting their hotspots in the old days too!

Comment

Here's a link to maps that provide extremely detailed maps of rivers, creeks, brooks, etc.

Comment

Take a look at the topo map on the DECinfo Locator. Covers all of NYS and if you go to the info layers on the top left side and select "water-related activities" you can turn on color codes for all trout streams from stocked to wild-premier waters. I am impressed with the stream detail in the areas I am familiar with... Play around with it a bit and it will be easier to navigate.

Comment

Working...
          X