South Pond Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Pond Information

I’m interested in South Pond off of 28N just north of Blue Mountain Lake I see the species listed on the DEC site are lakers and brook trout has anyone done any ice fishing there in the last few years how is the fishing? Thank you in advance for any information!

I used to belong to the BLM club, which sits on the lake. Did more open water fishing than ice. Lots of small perch, but we did catch a splake in there one year through the ice. Overall, slow for us back then (15 years ago).
    Life's short, hunt hard!

Comment

All waters that hold trout in NY are off limits to ice fishing unless specifically allowed by regulation. It seems like only the larger lakes that hold trout are open for ice fishing. I haven't checked the regs regarding South Pond though--not trying to preach. Just be careful where you are ice fishing.

Comment

Only time I fished it I caught super small perch - like under 4" perch. It is open to ice fishing.

Comment

Thank you for the information!

Comment

It is open to ice fishing:

I think there was a member back then that used to go after salmon too. At the time, DEC was putting splake in there. It was a nice pond, just not a lot of fish.
            Life's short, hunt hard!

Comment

According to the 2019 stocking lists, it gets about 1300 Lake Trout. The brook trout must be fish that out migrate from small tributary streams.

Comment

Working...
              X