Adirondack Park regulation of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plenty of examples here:

(Admittedly, this source is one-sided, as it's from a law firm that represents private property owners. But that does not make the examples "fake.")

Comment

I looked at that site for like a minute (which was probably too much) and I couldn't find any pertinent information.

The one thing that was glaringly obvious to me is that emanant domain is used (and maybe abused) in other states and in other parts of NY. I'm failing to see how this applies to the APA.

I'll be here, waiting... mainly waiting for the counterargument for how the problems exist all over rural NY, independent of the APA.

Comment

Originally posted by montcalm View Post
        I'll be here, waiting... mainly waiting for the counterargument for how the problems exist all over rural NY, independent of the APA.
        I won't argue with you at all on that! All over rural New York, poverty and joblessness has replaced what was a thriving economy 40 years ago.

(I remember traveling on business in the Southern Tier and central-western NY in the 80s. Thriving manufacturing businesses, healthy communities. Even by the late 2000s, that had changed. I traveled through the area on a family visit in around 2008, and long stretches were "ghost towns" of boarded up structures.)

New York State's government is destructive to private interests and business equally, all over the whole state. The only variations are what tools are used: Taxes; Regulations; Licenses; the "Climate Leadership" act; the APA...the list of tools is endless. The private interests that do well are the wealthy elite in NYC, and the corruptly connected (Bill Hochul for example).

But because this is the Adirondack Forum, we talk mostly about what is going on in this particular area. Other parts of the state have their own challenges to face.

Comment

I’m 41 so this is easy for me.

What happened on a large scale 40 years ago that ruined every economy? (Hint - is isn’t anything mentioned previously).

Comment

I looked at that site for like a minute (which was probably too much) and I couldn't find any pertinent information.

The one thing that was glaringly obvious to me is that emanant domain is used (and maybe abused) in other states and in other parts of NY. I'm failing to see how this applies to the APA.

If you insist on discussing it you might want to learn how to spell it.

"eminent domain"

Never Argue With An Idiot. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Schultzz View Post
              If you insist on discussing it you might want to learn how to spell it.

"eminent domain"

https://ag.ny.gov/real-property/rece...d-acquisitions
              Ahaha - I'll make a note to my secretary.
              Last edited by montcalm; 05-27-2022, 12:43 PM. Reason: Remove potentially offensive materials

Comment

Mr. Montcalm,
                I really don't wish to insult you as you have me, "I suggest you keep your gun your holster and seek some professional help", so I'll offer you a suggestion. Nobody is trying to "get you". You insert a huge colored picture which I cannot fathom what that has to do with "eminent domain", you trivialize and minimize your stance after making a big noise by suggesting I am being treasonous, and you accuse me of being a troll, then you state that it is not personal. I think it's time to move on to a topic that may be of interest to anyone who has to read this. Of course you may feel that you have the need to have the last word as you often do, so have at it.
                Never Argue With An Idiot. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Comment

I’m sorry no one has the stones to tell you that or if they have you haven’t taken it seriously but it was not an insult. It was a strong suggestion for everyone’s well being.

Comment

"I’m sorry no one has the stones to tell you that or if they have you haven’t taken it seriously but it was not an insult. It was a strong suggestion for everyone’s well being."

I knew you couldn't resist.

I rest my case.

Comment

Listen, I'd probably just ignore you if your first post wasn't so downright unsettling.

But given that I'm a parent in what seems to be an ever increasingly domestically violent world, I'm gonna call you out on some BS. It will not and should never be tolerated.

If you don't like the APA, or whatever, use your extensive legal knowledge (which you seem to think you have) to fight the problem that way. There should be no other acceptable answer than democracy and due process. You have proven your misguided thoughts are otherwise, so I suggest you seek help in mitigating them and finding the proper avenue for expressing them.

Comment

Definitely not posting links to any more articles.

Comment

Why not? I think links to interesting articles are good. Maybe what should have been done was for a moderator to check in and at least try to keep things civil

Comment

Originally posted by St.Regis View Post
                            Why not? I think links to interesting articles are good. Maybe what should have been done was for a moderator to check in and at least try to keep things civil
                            Sounds like you need a militia for that. Maybe you should just secede from the forum.

What probably should have been moderated was his first comment - but I'm waiting for him to come back and acknowledge it, maybe apologize for even suggesting such garbage. It's offensive to any NYer who appreciates our public lands, it's downright dangerous and vile talk, and it's completely illogical and ill-conceived. I don't care if you are a veteran, it doesn't give you an excuse for that nonsense. Would the military unit you served accept that?

PS - I'm all for free speech, but if we can't acknowledge and denounce dangerous, delusional and selfish thoughts, then what are we as a society? All thought is not equal.
                            Last edited by montcalm; 05-27-2022, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Sounds like you need a militia for that. Maybe you should just secede from the forum.

What probably should have been moderated was his first comment - but I'm waiting for him to come back and acknowledge it, maybe apologize for even suggesting such garbage. It's offensive to any NYer who appreciates our public lands, it's downright dangerous and vile talk, and it's completely illogical and ill-conceived. I don't care if you are a veteran, it doesn't give you an excuse for that nonsense. Would the military unit you served accept that?

PS - I'm all for free speech, but if we can't acknowledge and denounce dangerous, delusional and selfish thoughts, then what are we as a society? All thought is not equal.
                              The Adirondack "Park" residents should build a "war chest" of funds to secede from the state and create their own state. It is possible. Then they could revise laws to protect land owners and still protect the wilderness areas. Common sense laws would replace ridiculous laws which seek to have no permanent residences. A militia could be hired to enforce the secession and patrol the roads in the "park". Sensible zoning laws would permit some development which would create funds to protect the natural resources. Think it can't happen? A multi-billionaire could make it happen and the world has many of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Schultzz View Post
                                The Adirondack "Park" residents should build a "war chest" of funds to secede from the state and create their own state. It is possible. Then they could revise laws to protect land owners and still protect the wilderness areas. Common sense laws would replace ridiculous laws which seek to have no permanent residences. A militia could be hired to enforce the secession and patrol the roads in the "park". Sensible zoning laws would permit some development which would create funds to protect the natural resources. Think it can't happen? A multi-billionaire could make it happen and the world has many of them.
                                It is illegal for any territory to secede from the state of New York.

The Adirondacks are not owned by their residents- secession would not only be illegal per the above but would be stealing land from every other resident of New York. Half of the land is publically held and a good portion of the rest has sold rights to the state through easement. The APA keeps a detailed record of this. I?m not going to look up statistics but perhaps you should and see how much land you are proposing be stolen. There is far more than a billion dollars in land value and the land is not for sale.

Hiring mercenaries to protect what you are proposing stealing is an act of aggression and surely would be met with violence.

Your careless reiteration of this is direct support for said theft, violence and treason. That has to go against some kind of forum rule and if nothing else, a simple code of ethics.

The actions of this, if ever attempted would be charged as treason. I suggest you look that up because it?s true as far as I can tell.

You?re outta line soldier.

Comment

Working...
                                X