Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > General Adirondack Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2021, 09:46 PM   #1
Buckladd

Maple Sap 2021

That time of year folks. Sunday, my brother and I set out my modest 13 taps. Temps here in the Lake George/Glens Falls area are supposed to be in the upper 30s and into into the 40s this week, so perhaps an early boil is in the cards. Here's wishing everyone a good season.
Old 03-13-2021, 02:57 PM   #2
foresthawk

Saturday March 13 mild and sunny
Would guess there's a lot of sap boiling going on today in the Adirondacks and all around the great Northeast. Here comes the 2021 maple syrup supply !
foresthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 03:49 PM   #3
Zach
Last seen wandering vaguely

I tapped a week ago yesterday, and have boiled twice so far, 5 quarts of syrup per boil from 38 taps. Our snow is melting fast here.
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 11:43 PM   #4
Buckladd

Boiled off a quart and a half today. First boil. Weird how some trees produce one year and not the next. More to come.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:23 AM   #5
madison

I'm in the Finger Lakes area where it was pretty warm last week, so we got a good amount of sap from our 12 trees and boiled off a little over 2 quarts. It turned cold again over the weekend so not much in the last few days. Supposed to go back up to 50 tomorrow though that should start it flowing again. This is the first year I've tapped my trees so I'm still figuring things out.
madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:29 PM   #6
Buckladd

I pulled 10 gallons today. Some taps are running, some are not, even though it's been 60 the past two days. One more night of below freezing temps here, then a warm spell. Wondering if I should leave my taps in, also watching the trees to see if they bud.
Old 03-26-2021, 06:53 AM   #7
St.Regis

The last few days the trees have really started budding here..I'm guessing most local production is all but done
St.Regis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 08:02 PM   #8
Buckladd

I collected small amounts at various times throughout this past week, and boiled each separately, including some dark, but very sweet stuff. The next two small boils were darker, but not as sweet. I pulled my taps on Thursday, a few trees starting to bud. My buddy further north says he's just getting started.
Old 03-28-2021, 10:12 PM   #9
Zach
Last seen wandering vaguely

I pulled our taps yesterday, last boil was last Monday. The buds are swelling here and a lot of the sap was running green with the warm weather last week. We had a good year, way better than last year anyway. 7-3/4 gallons of syrup in 5 boils from 38 taps, and none of the boils was more than 10 hours.
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote