View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 06:08 PM   #40
redhawk
Senior Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman View Post
I know the Black Hills are located in western South Dakota. Please re-read my message. Since a cougar does not know where the Black Hills or Adirondack Mts. begin and end you have to look at the greater region. In this case Western North Dakota, Eastern Wyoming, Montana and even Northwest Nebraska.

Population densities might matter if you could keep the cougars confined to the Adirondacks but you can't.
The Black hills of South Dakota and SW Wyoming have the highest ratio of Cougars to humans. North Dakota, the rest of Wyoming and Montana do not.

What I am talking about and the only real point that I am trying to make is that with that high density there are very few sightings by humans, forget about "incidents". So my point is that there is no reason to believe that if there were Cougars in the Adirondack that they would be a big threat to humans.
"If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson
redhawk is offline   Reply With Quote