View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 12:27 PM   #19
Zach
Last seen wandering vaguely

I looked around in my old pictures CDs and found a couple of the summit-like area on Cascade and some of the view from 2010. It's not spectacular but it was quiet and didn't seem to get much traffic so I enjoyed my visit and will go again if I am in the area and have time. I think the cliffs on the NE side of the lake are not supposed to have a view from the top, as the trees come down too far to make it safe to get past them, so I never tried to go up there. I seem to remember reading about that in one of the Discover books but I may be wrong, it's been a long time. There is a large open area where the house used to be on the north side of the lake and there are various areas on the edge of that that are more than 150' from the trail. I stayed on a kind of grassy terrace between rock ledges once. I am not sure of the legality of these areas. There are at least two designated sites further east along the north shore, near some former tennis courts or something. They're quite nice as I recall, and down close to the water. Last time I was there was in 2011 or 2012, so much may have changed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 30. Cascade summit.jpg (155.6 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg 31. Cascade summit from the other end.jpg (152.9 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg 33. Fourth Lake from Cascade Mountain.jpg (151.9 KB, 98 views)
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote