View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 01:02 PM   #23
Connecticut Yankee
Connecticut Yankee

Was there just last week for 3 days and stayed at the new leanto. I must say I haven't stayed at a leanto in 30 years, though I do occasionally stop by and check them out on occasion and to have lunch on rainy days. This one was awesome, as expected as it was just finished 6 weeks or so ago. Very clean no graffiti no rodents (my reasons for avoiding them over the years), and the view is fantastic. Oh, and if you don't like the sound of loons , don't go there, they were calling all night. The leanto site is on the old Gooly club location so , though it was cleaned up, there still is plenty of junk around, (in 50 years that junk will be historical artifacts). Nice paddling , but you can do the 7'th to 1'st lake section in half a day if you want to. Fishing was mediocre, scenery very nice. Easy carry in, I used wheels no problem. Hiking mostly on old logging roads. Most of the campsites were Ah OK, not the best I've seen but fire ring at all I checked out. The floatplane sites don't look like they get much use at all and old stashed aluminum boats are at each site. Mosquitos seemed prevalent at the camp sites but not at the leanto. And the fire place at the leanto rates an A+, main fire area and a separate cooking area on the side with semi permanent grill, shovel some coals in and it is the perfect open fire cooking area.