View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 09:38 AM   #6
Glen
Check please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly D. View Post
I have a Hardy ASR and love it. It makes cassette changes easy while on the water. Just don't drop it. Its very lightweight so the spool will dent easily.

VT please post a report. I'm on the road and will miss early season (again). Looking forward to living vicariously through you guys for the time being.
I'll be happy to post VT's report for him. "At first light, we left the warm confines of our sleeping bags to ready up for the battle ahead. After casting a few hours without any action I noticed I had no fly on. I then tied on one of my usual heavily weighted tarpon flies and successfully snagged a 10" brook trout which I played for half an hour. After several minutes of pictures I performed surgery to remove the gaff, err, I mean hook, and then gently released him."

This should actually be fairly close to his "report".
“Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. They smelled of moss in your hand. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.”
― Cormac McCarthy
Glen is offline   Reply With Quote