View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 02:18 PM   #36
Gman

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk View Post
The Paha Sapa (Black hills) are not in the Western Dakota's or Montana. They are located in Western SOUTH DAKOTA an western Wyoming.

And my "comparison" is the ratio of humans to Cougars. IF (and that is what we are discussing here) there were Cougars in the Adirondacks the density of the humans to cats would in all probability (unless there was a real horny breeding population of cougars) would be much less then in the Black Hills. So my argument is that since there are very few incidents between humans and cougars in the Black Hills there would be even less of a chance here.

As far as the habitat, the Adirondacks and the Catskills are both good habitat for the cats. Also with ample natural prey there is less liklihood of a cat attacking a human.
I know the Black Hills are located in western South Dakota. Please re-read my message. Since a cougar does not know where the Black Hills or Adirondack Mts. begin and end you have to look at the greater region. In this case Western North Dakota, Eastern Wyoming, Montana and even Northwest Nebraska.

Population densities might matter if you could keep the cougars confined to the Adirondacks but you can't.
Gman is offline   Reply With Quote