View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 10:56 PM   #1
wyldeflower
happiest in the woods

Hiking the John Muir Trail

I was fortunate enough to hike the John Muir Trail this summer from North (Happy Isles in Yosemite National Park) to South (Mount Whitney/Whitney Portal). I hope to post pictures, but am not too adept with that yet. I took 24 days to hike. What a great experience. I'm already asking myself, where to next year? I think that 24 days felt 3 days too long, on the trail, but I am so grateful for this experience. If you have time, check out: JohnMuirTrail@YahooGroups. There's a lot of information if you're interested in hiking the trail. If you need a partner to go out there, I'd love to hike the John Muir Trail again.

Most days, I averaged 10 miles. There was a lot of water running. They had lots of snow in the late spring. Didn't see bear, myself. We had a little bit of snow one afternoon near Glen Pass I think it was.

I'm serious about going out again next year if anyone is interested. If you do not have 24 days in which to hike, I suppose I could shoot for 21. Here are some handy resources: Eric the Black's John Muir Trail Atlas Guide book, Tom Harrison Maps, http://www.amazon.com/John-Muir-Trai...2618416&sr=1-1

HAPPY TRAILS AND ALL THAT JAZZ