View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 07:54 PM   #8
Wldrns

Great report of an area I have frequented many times over the years. Thanks for the memories.

You were there on the river in far better times than I was in the wake of the 1995 Derecho (see photos below). Wile guiding a BSA troop we did in fact lose count of upwards of 70 beaver dams to cross above High Falls.

The DEC replaced that Oswetatchie Wild River trailhead sign seen in the photo with a new one a few years back, A ranger presented me with the old sign seen in the photo which I now have hanging on my garage wall.

As I am sure you know, and some places you have probably been, there a number of side trail hikes to explore along the way, including areas near Lows and beyond: Robinwood, Nehasane lodge, Rainer River, Lows Mtn, Grass Pond Mtn, GPM Ice caves, Fishpole and Darning Needle Ponds, Tri-County Marker, he "Old Man" huge pine tree, Ranger's Rest, Cowhorn Pond, Robinson River, to name just a very few.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg logjam.jpg (137.0 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg jogjam2.jpg (133.4 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg logjam3.jpg (134.2 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg logjam4.jpg (134.0 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg trailhead.jpg (136.9 KB, 163 views)