View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 08:58 AM   #363
redhawk
Senior Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by reindeergirl View Post
For that welcome (for which I thank you very much), a gift to you, the view from my living room window (a mile out, we are new to this place, and it's a priority for me to paddle out there):

http://lighthouse.cc/egg/history.html

Not the mountains, just a little mountain in the sea, our little Mt. Olympus. I hope you enjoy the view.
Nice view. I lived for a while along the Eastern Shore. Always loved the views, but never cared to spend time on the beach.

There is a place in Connecticut where I could walk in through a sassafras forest into a meadow and sleep under the stars, looking up into the sky and seeing them clearly. Just over a little rise the waves would be breaking on a beach and I could smell the salt air. I would often wake up in the morning with a whitetail or two grazing nearby. It was the last bit of undeveloped oceanfront in New England, other then some places along the Maine coast.
"If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson
redhawk is offline   Reply With Quote