View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 05:32 PM   #28
l'oiseau
**BANNED**

Quote:
Originally Posted by l'oiseau View Post

I think you are just trying to be provocative. It's not a few hundred years ago, it's now. Medicine is science. You go in circles about how nothing is definitive. If that is taken literally, nothing we know would actually work consistently. Maybe things just have to be "accurate enough". You argue everything both ways, which is interesting but leads to no useful conclusions.
No I'm not. I'm speaking the truth.

And medicine and science are sometimes so unrelated it's sickening. Show me the true science in testing any drugs. If that were the case then there would be no lawsuits, there would be no recalls. And even worse look at psychology and understanding the brain.

The scientific method is not always practical in those cases. They use studies which are much different than a true experiment.

And really if you understood what I was saying you would see I am only arguing for one side, and that is science. It is the only side I ever argue for. Yet I don't believe very many actually understand it or what it means.

If you want definitive answers, read the Bible. You take it as it is and you don't question it. Everything is based on faith.

Science doesn't work that way. Science is constantly questioned. I constantly question what I study or measure. And it still works. I do it every day. I understand uncertainty.

Last edited by l'oiseau; 03-03-2014 at 05:57 PM..