Thread: "Northern Pike"
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 12:46 PM   #2
Glen
Check please

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJFFF View Post
We've owned our home in Tupper Lake now for about 5 years now. Have spent time in the Adirondacks for decades now. I recently bought a used Lund 1725 tiller boat. Looking for some helpful advice for pike fishing. And yes.....I'm in search of the big ones.

Any help or advice would be helpful. Have no problem trailering to close by water if needed.

Any help would be appreciated. If a public forum isn't the way to go. Just PM me. And if you'd like to join me let me know!

Patrick
When I was a kid we used to stay on Lower Saranac. There was an older guy who used to have me catch perch for him. In the late afternoon he would go to the end of the dock and put a large perch on a hook and throw it out under a huge bobber. The perch would swim around and he would smoke his pipe and just watch. More often than not he would get a nice Northern. Other than that I don't know much about pike fishing.
“Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. They smelled of moss in your hand. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.”
― Cormac McCarthy
Glen is offline   Reply With Quote