View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 11:31 AM   #5
mudrat
Resident Slide Junkie

Thanks to everyone above for their messages. I truly appreciate it!

Deb’s passing is the hardest thing I’ve endured; the pain is ongoing. I did my best to call and write as many friends as possible in the days after Deb’s passing. I wanted them to hear from me firsthand if possible. I apologize to anyone that I missed; it was a hectic, emotional time, and my mind was in a fog.

The outpouring of love, compassion, and friendship was a tidal wave of light during my darkest days. It continues to be. My family & friends kept me going by checking in, talking, visiting, cooking/delivering some of the best food I’ve eaten to date, buoying me emotionally, and getting me outdoors a few times to redirect my focus. The acts of kindness touched me in a way I could not imagine. It is easy to grow cynical in today’s world and believe that selfless kindness doesn’t exist. That is not the case. To everyone who is a part of my support team—thank you from the bottom of my heart. You’re a blessing. There are too many people to mention, but you know who you are. Know that you made and continue to make a huge difference in my life.
~Kevin