View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 10:44 AM   #7
montcalm
Mobster

Looks about right. Typically western Adirondacks - feast or famine.

I'm actually kind of surprised the eastern side of West mountain is getting any attention. That view is gone, and will likely never return. It was pretty good 25 years ago though before all those spruce trees grew up.

There are some amazing beaches in the Brown Tract area. I kind of hope not too many people read this because they are already pretty popular. But being off the beaten path in that area, they are much less than say Arrowhead Park.

7th Lake is pretty spectacular. Windy AF a lot of times by boat. And of course the motorboat access means you're unlikely to get any solitude in the special spots - I won't mention the others, but there are more...

Not sure what to say about the remote areas. They just don't have any appeal. I mean you hiked all the way out there and didn't even take a look at Otter Pond.

Pigeon Lake could probably do with a lean to but it's also a pretty special area in terms of history in that it was never logged and probably never had camps. So it was relatively unmolested in terms of human contact. It still kind of remains that way. Not many people venture to the the south side of the lake. A trail between Lower Sister Lake and Pigeon Lake would be amazing, and even if it was out-and-back would really tie in the whole wilderness area.

I actually think a trail between Shallow Lake and the trail between Chub and Queer would be a better traverse.

Last edited by montcalm; 01-31-2021 at 01:43 PM..
montcalm is offline   Reply With Quote