View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 01:05 PM   #8
cutbait

Got my Classic 12 several years ago. When I got there in May of that year to test out various models, Pete was there and treated my wife and me very well. He took us out to lunch along with another couple that was there from Buffalo to pick up their canoe, as well as the editor of one of the ADK monthly magazines. Something that I still remember (along with the swarm of mosquitos around the testing pond) was how he made everyone feel so comfortable and how nice he was. He offered to let us stay in a guest room overnight, as it was getting late and we had a long trip back home; however, we declined his generous offer.
When I picked up my order a few months later, he sold me a kayak paddle that was much better than the cheap one I had, and the price was less than I could have purchased online. He also sketched a little picture on one of his posters and put a little note on it , which I have rolled up somewhere in storage.
I have been out on my Classic 12 hundreds of times in those years and I'm thankful to have it as well as thankful for all the people that I have met out and about on the water, thanks to that and thanks to Pete for making such a great boat.
Pete Hornbeck truly left a huge mark on the outdoors community and will be remembered fondly.
cutbait is offline   Reply With Quote