View Single Post
Old 08-14-2004, 08:58 PM   #73
Muddler Mike
car keys? back at the summit?

this does sound like an AA meeting...

Hi, I'm Mike. Muddler Mike to my fly fishing buddies but you can call me Muddy

I'm an Oncology Nurse out of Syracuse, NY. I was bitten by the Adirondack bug during a trip to Cranberry Lake at age 4. The boy scouts didn't help much either - especially going to Sabatis. I also took a trip up to Lake Placid when I was about 10-11 yrs old and was unbelievably impressed with some hikers that decided to "walk" up Whiteface as opposed to taking the car. I moved away to Texas during my high school years, but when I returned at 18 yrs old found my longing for the Adirondack High Peak area stronger than ever. I was married to my first wife a couple of years after that and we spent our honeymoon in a leanto on Heart Lake and hiked Marcy during that week, unknowingly beginning my 46.

A couple of years later, one of my patients with Leukemia told me about the 46ers. We had many great conversations, became very close, and when he died he left me his 46er belt buckle. My quest to complete the 46 in his memory began shortly after his death and just before my divorce. My current wife has agreed to complete the 46 with me, but between getting her up on the peaks that I've already completed and taking other family on various trips, I've only logged 9 peaks in 14 years. Not that I'm complaining, I do love the ones I've already done.

So I'm taking my time, but hope to complete the 46 in the next few years. My other hobbies include fishing - especially fly fishing for trout, the obvious hiking/backpacking, bird watching, and I also play the guitar.

tight lines and dry trails everyone,

Muddy

my fishing/hiking blog: http://thewestcanadafreak.blogspot.com/
Muddler Mike is offline   Reply With Quote