View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 09:01 PM   #10
Josh Seeley

Heyyyyo! Just got back from a few epic winter days in the ADKs.

Thanks once again for the great tips. We ended up snowboarding one day, snowshoeing the next. Had a few fresh inches of powder both mornings. Perfect. We enjoyed the Copperas, Winch, and Owen Pond area very much. Nice half day, had it all to ourselves. We enjoyed some well travelled trails, and plenty of "bushwhacking" for fun and added exercise. Snowshoeing was was even better then we expected. Spectacular! Dare I say I might have enjoyed it than summer weather? Fall is prime, but winter might be a close second. So peaceful. No mud or bugs?! Strange man. Then again, we had a nice clear, sunny day. -5 when we left the car though. We warmed up in the the morning sunshine in middle of Owen Pond.

Hey D! The Eat N' Meet in Saranac Lake?! What?! I am at a loss for words. The food was so delicious. We were both blown away and really enjoyed our evening there. Thank you for sharing this somewhat hidden gem. We appreciated every minute of it and will definitely be back.

Anyway, it was a perfect trip. We even scored a sweet deal on two pair of used MSR Lightning Ascent snowshoes from EMS!

Thanks again. I love the ADKForum!!!

Last edited by Josh Seeley; 03-09-2015 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: B/c I always want to put an s on the end of Owen
Josh Seeley is offline   Reply With Quote