View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 08:28 AM   #17
adkman12986

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
Maybe "the people of this state" could convince their government to do a better job managing the areas it owns.

When I through hiked the NP trail in 2007, it was dramatic how much better the trail conditions were in the sections owned by "the (hated) private lumber company" than in the sections owned by "the people of this state."

If we want to get support for state owned land, we need to get the state to do a heck of a lot better job of managing it.

No political agenda here; I just go based on what I see in the woods. I am virtually certain Jack Ma could do a better job of land management than NY State. Hell, my dog could do a better job.
I also agree that the state and people need to learn how to take care of what they already have. As someone who lives in the middle of the Adirondacks and have for the last 70 years I have seen many areas of private land that the state has bought turned into a trashed area. Even here on this forum there has been many post of garbage and trash left behind. As much as I would love to see that area I feel that it will no longer be a pristine area if the state buys it
adkman12986 is offline   Reply With Quote