View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 11:07 PM   #11
rickhart

I was at Little Tupper from last Monday through yesterday afternoon. Both were very crowded. I've never seen so many cars, esp. at Round (cars parked along the road in both directions in late morning when I was driving past). On the other hand, there weren't quite as many when I left yesterday. Getting there early on a weekday would help.

In general, the sites on the east side of the lake (on the right as you paddle in) are nicer -- though as Viking said, 6, the last on that side, isn't great (I stayed there once near the end of a Whitney loop). 8, the middle one on the west side, is pretty dismal too. But you may have to take whatever you can get. My favorite is the one in the middle of the east side with a beach -- it's either 2 or 3. The peninsula site mentioned before is fun (I think it's 4) and there's another site with a bit of beach after it. I seem to remember that the ones on the south side, 10 & 11, are nice too, but I haven't stayed at them.

Keep a sharp eye out for parties that look like they're packing up; if you get there early someone may leave after you get there.
Hope you have a great trip!
rickhart is offline   Reply With Quote