View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 05:03 PM   #8
Viking

Just rolled in from Round Lake this afternoon.

Arrived at Wednesday morning at 3:30 am. Drove to LTL for a look at the parking lot. Packed. Went back to Round, recounted the NINE cars there and unloaded. Pushed off at 5 am. All of the nicer spots were taken. Six was open and for a few terrifying moments thought this would be home. Seven turned out to be open and while it isn't my favorite site, it wasn't 6.

As the week progressed saw fewer people. Figured there would be some people looking for sites but no. This (Sat) am a day tripper and 2 other canoes heading out but the good sites were open.

Over a number of years I have never seen this many cars at the put in for Round. After we packed up I drove back over to the LTL lot and I am pretty sure this was a record for the number of cars in that lot for me.

Generator still runs - keep paddling for quietest results. Fishing slow. Weather incredible. Bugs pretty mild, but had the No Bug Zone. Could have been just fine with-out it. Beach part of site #3, right next to #5. Good landing there. #4 is a tougher ingress/egress. I like site #8. The tent pad is up a hill but other attributes make up for it for me.
Viking is offline   Reply With Quote